WTB Captain Backpacker Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Dominic Martin

Reaction score
WTB: Captain Backpacker Ukulele

I was looking into getting a Captain Backpacker Ukulele. I had bought one years ago and made the mistake of selling it. Also was minimizing so much of what I had and this is one of the items I let go of that I now regret. Now I have a career which is based upon traveling and in the aviation field and wish I had one once again. It would be easy to keep I my roller board and play when I'm at my layovers. I've heard the sound samples of the DIY versions but they lack the depth that I found with the Captain Backpacker ukes especially when it's plugged in.

Please let me know if you come across any. Thanks.

��

Last edited:
Thanks mkatz, prich, & 70sSanO. I didn't even think about the nzd vs. usd exchange rate. I'll inquire with Bevan.

Last edited:
Bump, still looking.

Sorry for the thread jack. I am just curious if you contacted the builder and are those ukes still being made and for sale. Kinda on my...... "maybe someday" wish list.:)Thanks and good luck

Sorry for the thread jack. I am just curious if you contacted the builder and are those ukes still being made and for sale. Kinda on my...... "maybe someday" wish list.:)Thanks and good luck

Ive looked at them on and off now for a couple years. I wonder as you do. The website states:

"Instruments are sometimes available for purchase below, but can also be ordered to your specifications."

For custom orders, prices start from:
Soprano - $350
Concert - $400
Tenor - $750
Bouzoeles - $450
Backpacker - $320
Quarterbasses - $1800

contact@captainukuleles.co.nz

I also think there were blueprints for a backpacker style ukulele floating around a couple years ago.

Good Luck

Yeah I contacted him twice last week. Fingers crossed and hoping he'll make me another one.

Last edited:
Ive looked at them on and off now for a couple years. I wonder as you do. The website states:

"Instruments are sometimes available for purchase below, but can also be ordered to your specifications."

Soprano - $350
Concert - $400
Tenor - $750
Bouzoeles - $450
Backpacker - $320
Quarterbasses - $1800

I also think there were blueprints for a backpacker style ukulele floating around a couple years ago.

Good Luck

Yeah I contacted Bevan last week. We'll see; just waiting patiently. ��

Soprano - $350
Concert - $400
Tenor - $750
Bouzoeles - $450
Backpacker - $320
Quarterbasses - $1800

I don't wish to insult anybody's intelligence, and I certainly have no conection with Captain ukes. He is 100+ miles north of me. I drive past his area on my Christmas family trip north but have never called in. One day perhaps?

What some of you may not be aware of is that one US$ is worth approx one and a half of those $NZ in the price list. So f'rinstance at todays rate that tenor would be about US$500. Plus freight etc.

Last edited:
Last time I looked (early 2000's) we were 2-1 on the aussie dollar.

I don't wish to insult anybody's intelligence, and I certainly have no conection with Captain ukes. He is 100+ miles north of me. I drive past his area on my Christmas family trip north but have never called in. One day perhaps?

What some of you may not be aware of is that one US$ is worth approx one and a half of those $NZ in the price list. So f'rinstance at todays rate that tenor would be about US$500. Plus freight etc.

Yet you assume the prices do not already reflect US dollars. Me on the other hand as a businessman would expect someone dealing with the worldwide online market to use the most available know currency in the world. But needless I dont see any worrying about the price just availability.

Yay I got one used and love her!!! It took a while and never heard back from Bevan but either way I love his capt.backpacker ukes. This one's a lifer and no selling this baby!!!

image.jpg

Last time I looked (early 2000's) we were 2-1 on the aussie dollar.

Yet you assume the prices do not already reflect US dollars. Me on the other hand as a businessman would expect someone dealing with the worldwide online market to use the most available know currency in the world. But needless I dont see any worrying about the price just availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom