WTB: Kamaka Gold Label ukulele

mbonitat

Reaction score
All,

Decided to post a WTB.....

I am looking for a 50's/ early 60"s Kamaka Gold Label ukulele. I am trying to get one from the year I was born (1958). Soprano, tenor is fine, must be able to play, and in decent shape. Any possibilities out there? Thanks I appreciate it. Best to all,
Mark

I have a Kamaka Gold Label soprano that I don't play and have been thinking about selling. I don't know the year it was built. Mine is in good condition with some scratches. It had a crack in the back that was repaired by Donna LoPrinzi at the LoPrinzi Ukulele workshop in Clearwater. She seemed to think the instrument has a wonderful voice.

Mine also had the tuners replaced with Waverly tuners though the originals and an original case will be included. It currently has Living Waters strings. I didn't know how to price this ukulele but now I think I'd like to get $250 plus buyer would pick up reasonable shipping costs. Let me know if you have any interest or would like more information.

IMG_20181207_085127.jpg

IMG_20191016_142612.jpg

Kamaka Gold Label soprano

Thanks for getting back to me! Yes I have an interest in this for sure. Would I be putting you out if I asked for some pictures and maybe a sound bite? I don't want to be a PITA. Concerned about the crack but really that won't be a showstopper, I am looking obviously for something I can play.....its not going to stay in the case.....do you think it could handle everyday playing? Let me know when you get a moment. I appreciate your time.....Best Mark

Here is my email address mbonitat@gmail.com

I have a Kamaka Gold Label soprano that I
don't play and have been thinking about selling. I don't know the year it was built. Mine is in good condition with some scratches. It had a crack in the back that was repaired by Donna LoPrinzi at the LoPrinzi Ukulele workshop in Clearwater. She seemed to think the instrument has a wonderful voice.

Mine also had the tuners replaced with Waverly tuners though the originals and an original case will be included. It currently has Living Waters strings. I didn't know how to price this ukulele but now I think I'd like to get $250 plus buyer would pick up reasonable shipping costs. Let me know if you have any interest or would like more information.

View attachment 129240

View attachment 129241

I just saw the pics....uke looks good.....do you think it was Hawaiian made or made in Japan?.....from the label in the pic it looks like it was made in Hawaii. I think if you believe it to be a daily player and it sounds good....let's talk for sure. I am very interested.

Mark

Wow that is an unusual grain pattern. Makes me think it came from a twisted tree though I don’t have the wood knowledge for any certainty. I see that as a plus. More interesting.

Of course the tone will tell the tale.

Mark, it's Hawaiian made. Can tell by the placement of the bridge. MIJ's bridge is set lower on the top. You're getting one heck of a deal on this. Donna is a premier luthier so the crack is not a problem. Add the Waverlys and you have a wonderful daily player. Better jump on it before I do lol. I don't need another but at this price and condition... The dating for a Gold label is 1954-1969.

Last edited:
ok lets do this....shipping to Naugatuck, CT 06770 what will the shipping costs be? Thanks again Mark

Hi BBegall, just wondering how would you describe the sound/tone and what strings are on it? Also wondering have you tried other strings?

Top Bottom