WTB Loprinzi Baritone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
Looking for a Loprinzi Baritone.

Let me know if you have one to sell.

Thanks.

uke republic's web site says they have a model A in cherry.

Was just about to say the same. The one at Uke Republic looks pretty.

Thanks. Already checked into that one. Not the one for me. Still looking.

Would it be okay to ask what you found lacking in that one? Not that I question your judgment. On the contrary, your name's come up quite often in some of my UU searches, especially on the subject of baritones, and I assume you probably know your way around baritones better than most. As someone who doesn't have a lot of experience with them, I'm curious what it is you don't like about the cherry Loprinzi.

Would it be okay to ask what you found lacking in that one? Not that I question your judgment. On the contrary, your name's come up quite often in some of my UU searches, especially on the subject of baritones, and I assume you probably know your way around baritones better than most. As someone who doesn't have a lot of experience with them, I'm curious what it is you don't like about the cherry Loprinzi.

That is a beautiful cherry wood baritone. Some of the physical attributes I didn't like (color/wood change at the stacked heel on the neck, the dark spots on the front and back). I was able to listen to a rough sound sample of the instrument. It had good tone, volume and articulation, but it was a little thin and bright sounding to me. It could be the strings and/or the recording quality, but it just wasn't the one for me.

I am hoping to find a LoPrinzi baritone of Mahogany or with a soft wood top that has more rounded, warmer, fatter sound.

I have to agree. not wild about the color change at the stacked heel. I had the model A, all mahogany model. I sold it to a friend and get to enjoy it's nice, loud and balanced voice from time to time.

I see that there are two baritones listed as available on the Loprinzi website. Not sure if they would be the wood you’re looking for.

I’m lucky enough to own two Loprinzi baritones—a mahogany and a koa. They sound, feel and look beautiful. I’ve owned a number of baritones in the same price range and have suffered some seller’s remorse about a few of them, but my Loprinzis are keepers. (Another keeper is that silver oak Larrivee. ��)

Good luck in your search.

I see that there are two baritones listed as available on the Loprinzi website. Not sure if they would be the wood you’re looking for.

I’m lucky enough to own two Loprinzi baritones—a mahogany and a koa. They sound, feel and look beautiful. I’ve owned a number of baritones in the same price range and have suffered some seller’s remorse about a few of them, but my Loprinzis are keepers. (Another keeper is that silver oak Larrivee. ��)

Good luck in your search.

Thanks. I contacted Donna LoPrinzi about those two listed on their website. Unfortunately, they have been sold.

But, Donna told me two others will be ready soon. :)

Glad you’re enjoying the silver oak Larrivee baritone. That is a great baritone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom