WTB Ohana Sopranissimo

Paul Dominic Martin

Reaction score
I’m looking to buy an Ohana Sopranissimo. I travel for work and love my Romero Creations XS soprano but with a rollerboard it’s nice to have a few more inches of space. (Fingers crossed on this one). 🤞🏻🤞🏼🤞🤞🏽🤞🏾🤞🏿
Paul

I’m looking to buy an Ohana Sopranissimo. I travel for work and love my Romero Creations XS soprano but with a rollerboard it’s nice to have a few more inches of space. (Fingers crossed on this one). 🤞🏻🤞🏼🤞🤞🏽🤞🏾🤞🏿
Paul
I had one of these. Loved it. Gifted it to youngster. Got lots of positive feedback. Good luck with your search.

I had one of these. Loved it. Gifted it to youngster. Got lots of positive feedback. Good luck with your search.
Thanks I’ve been listening to sound bytes of it and it isn’t too tinny or anything. Just want something to practice with that doesn’t sound horrendous or makes me wish I had my larger uke with me. 😭😭😭😭

I definitely am happy to have both. Significant difference in how much space they take up, esp when not checking luggage.
I noticed Mim’s had restocked / listed a bunch of sopranissimos when she opened back up a few days ago.
Have Ohana‘s TTPK-25G (solid, pineapple; on loan) & the O’Nina willow laminate in purple. Both are tuned normally, GCEA after some experimentation w various fluorocarbon lines..

Attachments

• 3B5C9C27-C468-45A7-AA40-3F8107AF19B3.jpeg
    3B5C9C27-C468-45A7-AA40-3F8107AF19B3.jpeg
    678.7 KB · Views: 26
  • BF55288B-83B6-4E40-9471-D5A7807F1865.jpeg
    BF55288B-83B6-4E40-9471-D5A7807F1865.jpeg
    739.7 KB · Views: 26
Wow we are kindred souls with our ukes. I was thinking moreso pineapple as well because the bigger body would have more resonance.

Wow we are kindred souls with our ukes. I was thinking moreso pineapple as well because the bigger body would have more resonance.
in that size category, the finish, IME can make a difference in sound & resonance. But more important than volume, IMO is intonation & playability in normal GCEA tuning, which depends on string selection. Ditto for sopranino.

Which strings do you use to get GCEA tuning? Fremont Blacks? And is it silly to try Low G with the Sopranissimo?
Low G for sub-sopranos is an entirely different project from the one that led me to strings that work well.
A worthy project, esp for those w a stash of skinny wound extra guitar or uke strings.
See “about me“ for details. Someone on YT (with a size I forgot) used GHS fluorocarbons & it didn’t sound terrible. Almost every other publicly available video I’ve seen tunes up.

Yeah I’m used to tuning up but would love to stay in GCEA if I can. I have used Fremont Blacks in the past on an Ohana Sk21 and it sounded muted but okay and I had GCEA tuning, but kept switching between both tunings.

Was able to get an Ohana Pineapple Sopranissimo via FB marketplace. Just tried for the Hail Mary pass on that one and was able to get a pretty good price with a hard case. So excited to play it once it comes in.

Paul
I ordered an Ohana blue willow sopranissimo from Mike at Uke Republic two days ago. Wanted to shop at a small business, and Mike has been my go-to for Living Water strings. He only had one blue, and Mim did not show any, so I am glad I got this one. The blue matches my first ever new car, and will fit in my tote bag.

I ordered an Ohana blue willow sopranissimo from Mike at Uke Republic two days ago. Wanted to shop at a small business, and Mike has been my go-to for Living Water strings. He only had one blue, and Mim did not show any, so I am glad I got this one. The blue matches my first ever new car, and will fit in my tote bag.
Would love to hear your review once you play it a bit. I’ll let you know what I think as well. 😝😝😝😝😝

Top Bottom