Year of Ukulele "Run Streak"

Teddy

Reaction score
I've been kicking around this idea for a little while. I want to give myself a challenge to learn a new song each week for a year. I spend a lot of time noodling around and end up learning parts of songs but never finishing or really nailing it.

Starting off pretty easy with Picking Herbs by Tobias Elof. Really beautiful song. Played on the KoAloha KTM in his standard D6 tuning (full step up from standard). My 4 year old son wanted to watch and ended up making some commentary in the beginning. I thought of recording again but this is supposed to be light hearted and fun, plus I'm sure you all wanted to know what his favorite movie was 🤣

I will be looking into a microphone, preferably one I can just connect to the phone via Bluetooth or something just to keep the set up simple. If you have any suggestions let me know!

That was great, Muybien!
Fabulous idea to learn a new song a week. In fact, you could submit this to the Seasons of the Ukulele. Season 504 Music as an Empathetic Friend, is still running for just under 14 hours (Sunday midnight Hawaii time).

Oh nice! Yeah I'll go up load it over there!

I was considering doing the SOTU but I prefer more chord melody/finger picking and am worried I wouldn't be able to crank out those within the scope of the "season."

Week Two - In My Life by The Beatles

RockClass101 Arrangement

Kind of a tough week. Solo on this one is pretty tricky for me, still only week 2 though...

Also definitely picking up a microphone, think I found the one.

Adding Week 3 a little early. I wanted to do this one while it was raining because "duh."

The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin on the Koaloha KTM-00

Top Bottom