You know you're getting old when....

You stop getting life insurance emails, but instead get ads titled: "Your Burial Insurance".

They can kiss my ass (if they can get inside the coffin, and past all the Ukes I'll be buried with). 😀
Agreed, they can kiss my ass as well. I may have some age on me but I am so far from dead.
They can have my Ukes when they pry them from my cold dead hands..... just the same for my firearms.
Good on you Ukecaster.

Agreed, they can kiss my ass as well. I may have some age on me but I am so far from dead.
They can have my Ukes when they pry them from my cold dead hands..... just the same for my firearms.
Good on you Ukecaster.
Like the song says "When I die, don't bury me... in a box in a cemetary...out in the garden would be much better...I can be pushin' up home grown tomatoes" 😀

"When I die, don't want no coffin - thought about it all too often - just put my hands upon the wheel - bury me in my automobile"

Damn this traffic jam...

"You can be as New Age as you like... But old age is gonna kick your ass!"

UU Utah Phillips

Like the song says "When I die, don't bury me... in a box in a cemetary...out in the garden would be much better...I can be pushin' up home grown tomatoes" 😀

I believe that is spelled "tur-maters"...

Last edited:
When you have to dive into your car instead of sliding in.

. . . when you encounter a great number of friends at funerals than at Wal-Mart.
. . . when you try to plan vacation/ holiday during time windows that won't conflict with doctor's appointments, only to learn that there are no such dates.

When the only invitations you get to eat out at a fine restaurant are from (1) some outfit that wants to show you how to grow your investments; (2) some other outfit that wants to sell you a hearing aid; (3) some sales people who want you to buy a condo in a retirement community; or (4) a “cremation society” that wants you to arrange for the disposal of your body while you’re still using it. (And they expect you to eat a meal during the discussion! Hey, anybody for dessert?)

When the only invitations you get to eat out at a fine restaurant are from (1) some outfit that wants to show you how to grow your investments; (2) some other outfit that wants to sell you a hearing aid; (3) some sales people who want you to buy a condo in a retirement community; or (4) a “cremation society” that wants you to arrange for the disposal of your body while you’re still using it. (And they expect you to eat a meal during the discussion! Hey, anybody for dessert?)
LOL. Baked Alaska, perhaps?

1st sign of old age is you forget to zip it up, the later sign is when you forget to zip it down.

Let be friends and grow old together, after the years pass, we'll be new friends.

1st sign of old age is you forget to zip it up, the later sign is when you forget to zip it down.

Let be friends and grow old together, after the years pass, we'll be new friends.

This conversation reminds me of one of my favorite John Prine songs. I'm still missing him badly.

Please don't bury me
Down in that cold cold ground
No, I'd druther have 'em cut me up
And pass me all around
Throw my brain in a hurricane
And the blind can have my eyes
And the deaf can take both of my ears
If they don't mind the size

Give my stomach to Milwaukee
If they run out of beer
Put my socks in a cedar box
Just get 'em out of here
Venus de Milo can have my arms
Look out! I've got your nose
Sell my heart to the junkman
And give my love to Rose

You stop getting life insurance emails, but instead get ads titled: "Your Burial Insurance".

They can kiss my ass (if they can get inside the coffin, and past all the Ukes I'll be buried with). 😀
There they go again...I got another one. It's always later at night, after the Early Bird Special and a couple of bourbons have settled. It's uncanny, and unnerving...like someone, or some used uke dealer, is watching me.

Screenshot_20220924-222702_Gmail.jpg

...when they start calling you “Ma’am.”

Top Bottom