"young master jake" video

whatevsalex

btw.. it looks like he stuffed the inside of his uke?? how much of a difference does it make to sound when being played as an electric (like he does in the video)?

just curious :D

deach

btw.. it looks like he stuffed the inside of his uke?? how much of a difference does it make to sound when being played as an electric (like he does in the video)?

just curious :D

It cuts out the feedback. There are threads on here somewhere.

Kanaka916

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't remember if it was posted or not and as deach mentioned, there was a thread about the "newspaper" in the sound hole. That particular footage was from the PBS special, "Hawaii: Songs of Aloha". It was filmed in August 2000 at the Hawai'i Theater in downtown Honolulu. The program featured a number of stellar performances by the Brothers Cazimero, Keola Beamer, Willie K., Amy Hanaiali'i-Gilliom, Na Leo Pilimehana, Ledward Ka'apana, Cyril Pahinui and the Kamehameha Schools Concert Glee Club as well as Jake and the Makaha Sons. I forget when it was aired on PBS.

51o40ZCDfhL._SL500_.jpg

Dominator

Yep, I remember seeing this on PBS. Interesting how Jake used to play spruce top ukes but now prefers his koas.

Kanaka916

Super Moderator
Staff member
good eye for detail, Dom. I saw it but paid no never mind to it.

ChamorroDT

his face when he plays is priceless

I make faces sometimes, ya know what im talking about? when you get into that MOMENT! that UKE ZONE! :rock:

Kanaka916

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, I know what you mean, you feel the music and den put some extra body language into it and your head starts starts bobbin. Oh yea . . .

muzikengineer

Great Video!!

I wish Applause made an 8 string Tenor uke....i love the sound of ovation guitars when they are played through a PA.... :rock: