Your default song

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Sometimes when I'm doing something like watching TV, surfing on the computer, or even having a conversation, I'll pick up my uke and start absently strumming without really thinking about what I am playing. I usually find myself playing the same song or chord patterns every time, sort of like a default song that my mind just gravitates to when I'm not paying attention. Lately it's a riff using G, C7, and F, or else I start playing the original Tim Spencer version of "Cigareets and Whuskey and Wild, Wild Women" (G, C, A7, D7).

So what is your default song? What do you find yourself playing when you're not paying attention?

either island in the sun or good riddance :p

blue roses falling, something bob marley. generally waiting in vain. Also close to you.

Margaritaville!!!!

By myself, I play Somewhere Over the Rainbow or Anybody Seen My Gal, or an etude I wrote (still need to post it somehow). With my ukulele club at school, if we need to fill 3 more minutes, Dreaming of You by The Coral.

That's an ever changing thing for me. For a while it was the "Wild Horses" then it was "Like A Rolling Stone" then "Sloop John B" then "Free Fallin'" or "I Won't Back Down" then "Camptown Races" (of all things...), "Volcano" when I'm in a Buffetty mood, and on and on. Right now it's probably going to be "Good Riddance" thanks to Aldrine's latest lesson!

It depends on what I'm trying to learn at the time.

I'm currently working on both 'On the Street Where You Live' and 'Ku'uipo ika he'e pue one'.

But often times when I pick up my uke I begin with C Cdim Dm7 G7, which leads me into
Tiptoe thru the Tulips.

Keep uke'in',

Still working on various chord progressions....lately it has been C - Am - F - G7 while watching TV.

Either "Paris Nocturne" or Herb Ohta Jr.'s version of "Europa" -- but on that one, try as I might, I can't get beyond 1/2 down the third page of the tabs before I mess up royally.

It's usually something Hawaiian for me, like Henehene Kou Aka, or it's Ship of Fools or Deal by the Dead.
It used to be Secret Agent Man but it drove my wife crazy so I had to stop that. Oh, that happened with Boy Meets Girl by Haircut 100 too!

or Herb Ohta Jr.'s version of "Europa" -- but on that one, try as I might, I can't get beyond 1/2 down the third page of the tabs before I mess up royally.

Same here wahine, Europa except Aldrine's version. Oh boy now you've done it, anyway you could link me to Herb's version tab? Is it just in a different key then Aldrines? Much Mahalo

It depends on what I'm trying to learn at the time.

I'm currently working on both 'On the Street Where You Live' and 'Ku'uipo ika he'e pue one'.

But often times when I pick up my uke I begin with C Cdim Dm7 G7, which leads me into
Tiptoe thru the Tulips.

Keep uke'in',

Is "On The Street Where You Live" from My Fair Lady?

I usually play Guava Jam for picking or if I want to demonstrate strumming I'll play something I can let loose on. Currently my favorite is "Opihi Man" by the Ka'au Crater Boys.

Cleaning Windows, George Formby

So what is your default song? What do you find yourself playing when you're not paying attention?

By default it is just noodling in C. But if we are talking about a default song that if called upon to play on the spur of the moment it will have to be Blue Roses Falling.

Is "On The Street Where You Live" from My Fair Lady?

I usually play Guava Jam for picking or if I want to demonstrate strumming I'll play something I can let loose on. Currently my favorite is "Opihi Man" by the Ka'au Crater Boys.
I *LOVE* Opihi Man, our uke group plays that song and it's one of our favorites!

Top Bottom