Your favorite ukulele playing youtubers?

cyber3d

There are so many great players. Don't forget to include Steven Espaniola, Daniel Ho, Tavana, even Karlie G (even though she is known as a singer/uke player) I've heard some clips of her playing.

Nickie

Mike Love, Feng E, Tobias Elof.

Last edited:

Jerryc41

There are so many good uke people on YouTube, both players and reviewers, that I'm not going to pick a favorite. I go to YT occasionally and browse the ukulele sites.

Steve_S

Victoria Vox and Jack Maher - Brilliant singer/songwriter duo. Fantastic regular (daily at times) output on social media during the pandemic.

Giovanni Albini - Brilliant instrumentalist and composer showcasing both classical and modern pieces.

Just a fan

Our own Brad Bordessa - for his deep insight into playing and performing (I always come away with a new concept to contemplate)
Craig Chee and Sarah Maisel - for all the great livestream lessons, concerts and festivals they host virtually
Ukulele Underground - Aldrine and gang for the joy and laughs
Cynthia Lin (with UkuLenny) - for the lessons and the Beatles jam livestreams
Hawaii Music Supply - Corey, Kalei, Mika, et.al. (the guys I most wish I could play like)

With in-person jams, festivals and concerts eliminated this past year, I've spent more time in front of YouTube to get my fill of ukulele lessons and inspiration.

Steedy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Aldrine Guerrero, Daniel Ho, Dani Joy, Abe Lagrimas, Jr.

Kenn2018

UU VIP
UU VIP
Try Camsuke the YouTube channel for our own Campbell here on the forum.

He has an outstanding touch with his playing and a wonderful feel for his songs. Both original and covers. Plus, he often has tabs for what he plays.

He doesn't post a lot, but what he does is well worth looking at.

Steve_S

Recently came across Jenifer Cabrera Ukulele on YouTube. Enjoying her fingerstyle pieces on contemporary and traditional covers.

John Colter

UU VIP
UU VIP
Demetrius, and Wilfried Welti - not together, of course, but that's an interesting thought!

John Colter

v30

What ever happened to Hippie Dribble, aka Eugene Ukulele, aka Jon? I enjoyed watching his vids....

ripock

I want to take a moment to give a shout out to this forum's Jim Hanks. I really enjoy his channel because of his sincerity. A lot of the elite gurus post videos that have obviously benefited from some post-production ameliorations. Jim's videos are raw with mistakes or, if not mistakes, then at least less than optimal moments. But he is living the life. He is stepping up to the plate, going for it, and getting it vastly right. I really enjoy watching a real person do his thing.

ukudancer

Ariel McCleary. I loved her channel when she was doing YT. Not only was she super funny and quirky, she could really sing! I really don't know why she didn't have more viewers than someone like Elise Ecklund (who I also watch from time to time).

janeray1940

Gotta throw in a thumbs-up for my friend Steve Rose, who just released his new ukulele album. He's also on YouTube and posts occasional tutorials and such. Here's one of his originals; it's got a lot more than ukulele going on so it's different than most:

The album is available on Bandcamp.

cayuga red

Here’s a vote for the Florida-based band that’s featured in the Uke Video discussion with a great version of Coconut Grove.

Great playing and singing!!! Check it out!!

Last edited: