New profile posts

It is better to change nylon strings that was killed by metallic frets than to change metallic frets that was killed by steel strings...
Thought I would see how all the ukes are doing and any the building/buying. How is the Donaldson coming along?

I remember you had a Concert10. Nice looking one

He says these sound more soprano-like. Did you find that to be the case or does it still feel and sound like a concert?

Hope all is well
Ed
richntacoma
richntacoma
System not letting me respond with all my comments, so sent you an email :)
Hi,
My it does get complicated. I will have to miss this opportunity and allow another to enjoy it.
Thank you,
Hi Jean,

China is actually so far from Southern California, and it would be a risk to ship it. I look at the dings and other issues...I feel confident to offer you a total of $400 which would include splitting the shipping. If I loss that amount, I would call it experience. Any loss greater than that I would consider foolish.

Thanks for your consideration.
William
Jeanpaul
Jeanpaul
Hi, William!
I understand there are shipping risks. I've bought several ukes from California, the post service has done good jobs for me so far. I wouldn't suppose there be much difference vice versa. Please let me know if you ever got such experience, good or bad. I believe my listing price is fair enough for its condition. I'm open to trade offers.

Thanks for your interest,
Jean
I'm not a moderator really...
K
Katgut
Whew! I made it here, found y'all... so, now that I found you and I'm not sure I'll hear back, but I'll ask anyway...

I live in Wellington, Florida USA and would like to play with/join a uke group/club so I don't have to drive to Broward (once a month) to play with my LUNies (Ladies Ukulele Network)... I'm looking for local access!
Help, please... suggestions?

Thank you, kindly
If interested in this hand made Italian uke, let me know. Price will be lower, likely $475.

Hi All, Life is worth living , UU has rescued me in the past, and here I go again, still play my uke but not as often as in the past, Local jams kept me going until COVID pulled that plug. Hope all you guys and gals are safe and well, I am now a couple of months from 80 and I can't believe it. Still need the sound. nothing is as relaxing as a strummed Uke. See my posting.
Bob
I am having a hard time loving my pono mbd. A lot of buzzing when I strum, and it constantly goes out of tune. I’ve had it for one year now. Any suggestions to sweeten the sound? What are your favorite strings for your pono mbd?
Old guitar/bass player from the 60's. Built basses and guitar set ups. I like revamping old guitars into something unique and artistic. Also learning the mandolin
W
Wiggy
A soprano ukulele can be setup, using nylon strings, for GDAE with the same tuning as a mandolin. They are very close to the same scale length.
Reactions: GalexC
G
GalexC
I was in the process of getting my mandolin in the best action position then going to look for info on my SS Stewart taropatch but someone decided to hack off my catalytic converter on my new Mitsubishi so I haven't done much but talk to insurance people. Just taking a peek here before bed. Stressful couple days
How have you managed to update the Playlist? I am impressed! I can't seem to find a way to edit once a submission has been posted.
Barbablanca
Barbablanca
Brilliant idea. That link is permanent then. Spread the word to those planning to host in the next few weeks (while teething problems are still rife). (y)
Barbablanca
Barbablanca
PS Are these conversations private or public?
jtsteam
jtsteam
I think these profile posts are public, but there's a "Conversations" thing that's private too. I haven't checked how to get to it though.
About Kiwaya: it seems that my reply on your question does not come through. I will be happy to ship to USA. There might be import duties to be paid though.