Shipping
I'll pay
Size
book

ukeclass

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Anyone have this book, and that they don't need any more? I just ordered the first book, but I can't seem to find the second one for sale anywhere.

Attachments

• pekelobook2.gif
    pekelobook2.gif
    44.9 KB · Views: 9
I have been able to get in contact with Pekelo, and he has told me that the book is no longer in print and that all physical copies are sold out. However, he will reach out to me in 2 weeks (as he’s out of town for work) and has PDFs available, just not accessible at the moment.

Marking as pending until I get them from him.

Interesting. Is he making these available on demand?

Interesting. Is he making these available on demand?
As far as I know, and from the little contact I have with him, he might distribute the PDFs on a case by case basis, but that’s just speculation. He had responded to my inquiry about getting a PDF with “are you also a music teacher?”, so thats where that speculation comes from.

Suppose that makes sense. Once a PDF is out there it is harder (impossible) for him to maintain control over the distribution of it.

I could see that as a very real possibility. In a similar manner, upon a very specific request, a certain flamenco guitarist/ukulele player from NM sent me PDFs of two of his books (both I own physical copies) for me to use in my classroom, however under strict orders not to share as they are the same PDFs he prints books with.

However; I intend to pay Pekelo at least the former purchase price of his books, but probably with some guarantee of not sharing I would assume.

Used to see Pekelo occasionally at jams before the pandemic. Really good player & also very humble. Only found out about his accomplishments from others that I know.

I bought my hard copy from them years ago for 35. I wonder if the pdf will be priced the same?

Updating this to acquired as I reached out to Veronica at TUS asking if they had a single copy of book 2 in stock on the offhand chance. She said they actually had one copy, so she put it on the site and I ordered it. I will follow up here in case PDFs are available for purchase directly from Peleko.

Also, TUS now has 2 copies of book 1 up on their site for purchase. Likely 2 of the last new copies available since it’s out of print.

Book one. They didn't have book 2 posted on the site.
Gotcha, once I purchased the single book 2 copy it must disappeared from the sight. But yeah I would say this is the last copy of book 1 out there.

After delving through book 1 a little today, it’s a good book and definitely worth the buy.

Also, when you signed into your account, did you also notice the price drop from $29.99 to $18.50 when purchasing book 1? Or was it just me that got that price for both books.

Gotcha, once I purchased the single book 2 copy it must disappeared from the sight. But yeah I would say this is the last copy of book 1 out there.

After delving through book 1 a little today, it’s a good book and definitely worth the buy.

Also, when you signed into your account, did you also notice the price drop from $29.99 to $18.50 when purchasing book 1? Or was it just me that got that price for both books.
Don't have an account. I paid full price. The last one of these to sell on eBay went for $50 plus shipping so no biggie to pay the full retail to TUS.

This is my reminder to all to make personal-use-only PDFs of any books you have for learning. I bought directly from Pekelo years and years ago and had both Volumes 1 and 2 and the CDs. Our home burned to the ground in one of those big wildfires and every single thing we owned we had was lost. A friend saved our cat--we were in Hawai'i at the time visiting Chuck Moore by chance so had no opportunity to "grab" anything. Back to my relief: I had created personal PDFs of many of my go-to favorite ukulele learning materials (as well as MP3s from the CDs) to use on my iPad when traveling, including Pekelo's materials. I had the iPad and computer with me traveling at the time of the fire so all of my PDFs were saved. You've been warned! :D

Top Bottom