Hey :D anyone in NJ?

ajsmith6

Reaction score
Learned some new songs and looking fro someone who can jam/ teach me the ropes in New Jersey... :D

Welcome to the UU. There are a number of UUers in Jersey. There are also a few of us about an hour north of Philly. Whereabouts in Jersey are you?

I'm in Toms River too :D

I don't know about ropes, signal cables mabee ;)

I haven't been playing uke that long only about a year so Im not that well versed in it myself or the scene in NJ.

But i have been playing guitar for about 20 years, profesionaly for most of it, taught for about 6, so know loads of music theory etc that translates well, and playing hawaiian slack key for about 3.

if your interested we can mabee kanikapila this summer? Anyone else interested?

I'm rather ill and disabled though, so not always readily available and tend to be house and bed bound these days, due to long years of chronic Lyme disease from our wonderful NJ ticks and bad medical system :mad: But realy its what inspired me to take up uke because my hands couldnt handle the guitar anymore, so it is my silver lining!

Last edited:
well if you trusted me i would totally come over for a jam session, it would be awesome to get together with someone! my cousin has lyme's disease too, nj ticks are the worst >_< I played a little bass, so guitar just had too many strings lol so i figured the uke was right in between

My moms been playing guitar for about 20 years too! She doesnt know much about theory, but loves to play and rock out lol

Last edited:
sorry to hear about your cousin it is realy awful :(

lol 4 strings are enough , the extra 2 just confuse the issue sometimes heehee

your mom sounds cool, bring her along, I'll bring my bandmates. actualy they would have to bring me lol My daughter just started learning uke too, could be one crazy jam session! :p
mabee we can start by getting together at a local park when some nice weather shows up on on eof my 'good' days ;) we can work out detail in PM, anyone else interested drop me one.

what music do you and kin like?

Top Bottom