Played for Depression

jnicholes

Reaction score
So, as I said awhile ago, my St Bernard dog Ladybird passed away on the 14th. I am over the loss now, but someone else in my family is not.

That would be my other dog, Buster. He basically grew up with my St Bernard Ladybird for 10 years. They were best buddies. he is still adjusting to Ladybird being gone.

I thought I would help him out with my Ukulele.

The song is titled, "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief."

It was also my first time playing with linear tuning on my Concert.

That was very sweet

Very nice. I'm sure he appreciates the attention.

They know their friend is missing and something's not right. They just don't know why.

He is about ten years old. I say "about" because he is a rescue dog. Here is the story:

When I lived in North Idaho, we were doing a church service project cleaning up an Indian reservation, about ten years ago. We were cleaning out a ravine when this little puppy, skinny as a pencil, came walking towards us.

Obviously, he was abandoned.

We gave him some food, and we were getting ready to take him to an animal shelter, when he cuddled up against my brother.

He adopted us as his family, and we decided to keep him.

When we got home, he was introduced to Ladybird, who passed away recently.

They were best buddies.

I still don't know exactly what breed he is, even after ten years. He's just Buster!

Sorry about your dog, I lost my sweet little girl in Feb. and her little buddy in Aug. last year, she wasn't real happy since then. So I'm dogless now and in isolation...:(

We had a virtual jam yesterday with Uke Club people through the Zoom app, it was kind of hard to follow, but good to "socialize".

Sorry about your dog, I lost my sweet little girl in Feb. and her little buddy in Aug. last year, she wasn't real happy since then. So I'm dogless now and in isolation...:(

We had a virtual jam yesterday with Uke Club people through the Zoom app, it was kind of hard to follow, but good to "socialize".

Looks like you and I are in the same boat. Sorry you lost your dogs too.

A virtual jam? I imagine that would be very hard to follow along!

I firmly believe that dogs are one of Gods greatest gifts to mankind. I have learned so much from my dogs. They are wonderful teachers, and when they die, we learn even more. Any chance of bringing a young dog into the family? In my experience, Buster would really love that. And, having a youngster around is very good therapy for an older dog. Something to think about.

Top Bottom