You thought my ears were big before!

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Swapping out the stock Grover 2B tuners on my concert Flea with Grover 6B. The extra washers make these much smoother to use. However, buttons are bigger, and they stick out a bit more. I was relieved that the bushings were a perfect fit, requiring no sanding inside the open headstock. See comparison pic, 6Bs are bigger.

20200201_235407.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. If it functions so much better, nuff said. I did not like the stick friction tuners on my Fluke tenor. I ordered pegheds and never looked back. They just functioned so much better. Nice job!

Can you use the buttons from the 2Bs?

Can you use the buttons from the 2Bs?

Oh, hi Teri! I haven't tried, but I doubt it, as the metal collar under the tuner button is bigger, and houses a special cone shaped washer. Plus, I assume the screw is also longer on the 6B.

Considering the cost and availability - and the nuisance factor of installing them - I'll wait to replace my pegs with geared tuners of some kind. When I play a Fluke with direct pegs, tuning is annoying. I'm surprised Magic Fluke doesn't offer the option of rearward-facing tuners, much cheaper than Pegheds. If I were running the company, I would offer geared tuners, and a wooden fretboard would be standard.

Considering the cost and availability - and the nuisance factor of installing them - I'll wait to replace my pegs with geared tuners of some kind. When I play a Fluke with direct pegs, tuning is annoying. I'm surprised Magic Fluke doesn't offer the option of rearward-facing tuners, much cheaper than Pegheds. If I were running the company, I would offer geared tuners, and a wooden fretboard would be standard.

Haha, you know I think they've managed ok so far, Jerry. You might even call their efforts successful!

Haha, you know I think they've managed ok so far, Jerry. You might even call their efforts successful!

Yes, I love Magic Fluke products, and I have ten of them (I think). I don't have geared tuners on all of them, yet I still manage to play in tune. :D

John,

I’m delighted these worked for you. The ears on my Flea and Firefly are bigger with the 6s, too, but the ease of use from the better are certainly worth the different look!

Top Bottom