NUD: Old Fluke

Jerryc41

Reaction score
This concert Fluke from CO was delayed for some reason, but it arrived yesterday. It's my first one from the Magic Fluke office in CT, prior to their move to MA in 2012. It came with the older type of gig bag, but it's very good quality. The uke looks like it's never been played.

Now I have to decide what to do with it. I'll probably replace the plastic fretboard with a home-made one, and I might cover it with a design from neck illusions. If I can come up with a scene for the top, I'll find a painter willing to paint it.

02.jpg 03.jpg

That's an idea. I discovered that this early model has the saddle molded into the bridge. I wonder when that ended.

I think the ones with plastic fretboards still have the saddle/bridge as one piece...at least the standard ones. I just looked on their site and they still appear there.
I remember seeing some with and without for years.

Nice catch. You are going to corner the market on flea and flukes. Post a pics of your herd, if you like. Some great changes you have made. I especially like the custom board theme one you did and showed in another thread. Congrats

Top Bottom