FS - Earnest Palomino concert uke in mango

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonesoup

Reaction score
This is the best sounding uke I've ever played and I'm sad to let it go. But I have a new custom on the way.

I bought it last year from the luthier, Joel Eckhaus. I'm the first owner. It has lived in a case with an Oasis humidifier.

I'm currently on vacation in Florida. It will ship from there.

I paid $1100US new. I'm pricing it to sell at $550 plus shipping anywhere!

Top, back and sides - All solid curly mango
Neck - Mahogany
Fretboard - Rosewood
Frets - 12 to body, 17 total
Fretboard dots - Paua shell - 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, 17 - Face and side
Binding - Ivoroid
Purfling - b/r/b
Rosette - b/r/b
Nut and saddle - Bone
Bridge - Rosewood
Tuners - High quality Grover friction
Finish - Satin
Case included - UkeCrazy black hardshell

Be aware that this is a handmade, hand carved instrument. There are some small tool marks on the fretboard that it came with.

Also I put a small ding on the bottom edge of the neck by knocking it against the edge of my laptop. See pic.

Because of that, I'll take $500. You will not find a better sounding, better quality concert uke at that price!

Sond sample with different strings - https://youtu.be/7As7rqvOEQk

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Great sounding Uke and excellent playing!

On BoneSoup's last trip to the USA, I bought a Uke from him.

Great transaction and easy to deal with.

Wow. That is a super deal on a custom concert uke built by Joel Eckhaus.

Had a concert of his a few years back. It was exceptionally light and well-made.

Sounds like a great deal...I have never played a Palomino, but I have another uke from Joel that I really love. Someone should grab this little guy!

Do you play it in C tuning or D tuning? I know that Joel plays in D tuning, and I believe he builds with that in mind.

That's a gorgeous ukulele. If we hadn't already bought a mango concert ukulele at around that price range, I'd totally jump on it.

Great sounding Uke and excellent playing!

On BoneSoup's last trip to the USA, I bought a Uke from him.

Great transaction and easy to deal with.

Thanks for vouching for me, Simon!

Wow. That is a super deal on a custom concert uke built by Joel Eckhaus.

Had a concert of his a few years back. It was exceptionally light and well-made.

Thanks Hodge! Yes this uke is lightly built - that's one of the features of the Palomino model. Makes for an amazing sound.

Sounds like a great deal...I have never played a Palomino, but I have another uke from Joel that I really love. Someone should grab this little guy!

Thanks Will!

Nice playing, and for me the Worth CL sounded best with the Aquila Reds being interestingly good.

Good luck with the sale

Thanks Pete! I am a Reds fan myself too.

Do you play it in C tuning or D tuning? I know that Joel plays in D tuning, and I believe he builds with that in mind.

I play in C. Thanks for the info about Joel and D - I didn't know that. Cool.

That's a gorgeous ukulele. If we hadn't already bought a mango concert ukulele at around that price range, I'd totally jump on it.

Congrats on your purchase! Mango concert is da bomb - I'm sure you'll love it.

Joel makes great instruments. About tuning- Joel feels that each use should have it's own tuning so I recall that he generally likes sopranos in D, concerts in C and tenor in Bb

EDW- that's interesting. I wonder if that 's a newer approach for Joel? I had the opportunity to play Joel's personal player years ago at UkeFest West. At that time he was playing a concert, tuned in D. He discussed this being his preferred tuning during a strumming workshop he taught that weekend.
A terrific workshop and the best uke festival I've ever attended.

I personally long for a good soprano or concert that sings sweetly in Bb.

I think that he has his own concert in D as he likes that. I believe it was what was preferred years back and he learned that studying with Roy Smeck. He had told me a number of years ago that he liked the idea of 3 different tunings or voices for each.

He had told me a number of years ago that he liked the idea of 3 different tunings or voices for each.
Well it certainly helps justify buying more uses! 8^D

Hi, can you accept payment through PayPal? Thanks! Dana

Sold! Thank you Rayan, Aldrine, and the new owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom