Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Concert

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Tenor

Votes: 28 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FYI, it's "poll" not "pole".

I voted concert 'cuz to me, the soprano is too small and squished on the fretboard and a tenor seems too big and guitar-like.

Last edited:
I voted for concert, but my current favorite size is 16 inch scale, like Ohta San and also offered by Ono.

I can't vote, because I own both a soprano and a concert and I like them both. It really just depends on how I feel at the moment, which one I like best.

We own all sizes and play most regularly.
But our main ukuleles are concert. I will say that the baritone gets about 40% of my time.

I'll put tenor - but mine are tenor scale with smaller bodies than the regular tenor, & long neck concerts. ;)

I also have concerts & long neck sopranos, plus baritone. :)

No strong preference. I mostly play tenor and baritone these days but what I choose to play at any time depends on the song and how I'm feeling.

It's like that old adage , . . . "Anything larger than a soprano is cheating."

Last edited:
My loyalty is to sopranos with the exception of a WWII Martin Concert. Will use a Baritone if the song calls for guitar like voice. Never Warmed up to Tenors although my best ukulele is a Little River Tenor that I'm selling now. Currently I'm mostly thinking about learning the Bass.

I voted 'Soprano' but my preference is concert-scale, so
longneck Soprano or smaller-body Concert (16" scale - Sonny D),
or Kerry Bannister-made concert-scale, short-neck, tenor-body uke :)

bottom-line - Concert-scale, but ideally, smaller-body uke.

keep uke'in',

One soprano. One baritone. No more UAS (he says before he checks the marketplace).

Top Bottom