Pinol Flor Cocobolo Tenor Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

CiceroAnon

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have recently received a beautiful Pinol Flor Cocobolo ukulele. I must say that it has a really great tone and it really is fun to play. This really is one of those instruments that impresses right away, both by looks and how great it sounds. Anyone looking for an amazing instrument should definitely consider a Pinol ukulele. I am certainly happy with this purchase. Here is a short video of the sound. I have owned a number of ukuleles including some high end models, but this ukulele really shines.

It's a very nice instrument and I enjoy playing it. Thanks for taking the time to comment. :)

Hi, and congrats on your new uke.
I hope you enjoy it, have you plugged it in yet? Cocobolo wood has a very different quality when amplified.
I will do a review on mine someday after it settles in a bit. I'm still learning to adjust to the fretboard.

Last edited:
No, I don't have pick up in it, but it does sound great unplugged. You should post a clip of yours plugged in. Cocobolo has a very nice tone.

I will someday. I have no idea how to make videos, being tech un-savvy. I can barely answer a call on my cellphone!

Okay, this is my impression of my instrument and I like it. I go by playability and sound.

Okay, this is my impression of my instrument and I like it. I go by playability and sound.

I like the sound. And if you like it, that is all that matters.
Thanks for sharing your video and I really enjoyed your playing style.
Have fun with your new uke.

I saw this review on the forum and it gave me a positive vibe of Pinol. I see negative opinions about the name and not about the quality or sound.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?102418-Pinol-baritone-uke-review

The reason you do not see anything negative is because their lawyers threatened to sue if the posts not removed. While the posts were protected by multiple laws, UU Forum did not feel like getting into a battle, so they redacted ALL of the requested posts. Almost every post in a several page long thread.

Since we all love Ukuleles and want to support the many fine makers of Ukulele's we tend to go elsewhere if a builder shows their true colors and it does not match the spirit of Aloha, or our personal beliefs.

With that said, I hope you continue to love your instrument for a long time.

I've seen Pinol Ukes in person and was thoroughly impressed! The wood and the craftsmanship was top notch and it sounded awesome. I've also met the owner and he's very passionate about his product. I think everyone deserves the spirit of our aloha and sometimes even a second chance. We are one big happy community of ukulele players. Let's remember the aloha spirit of our favorite instrument and not knock anyone's choice of brands. What's beautiful to me, may not be beautiful to someone else. Let's just all bask in the enjoyment of this new owner's beautiful ukulele. We've all be proud to show our Ukes to others. Mahalo ��

I've seen Pinol Ukes in person and was thoroughly impressed! The wood and the craftsmanship was top notch and it sounded awesome. I've also met the owner and he's very passionate about his product. I think everyone deserves the spirit of our aloha and sometimes even a second chance. We are one big happy community of ukulele players. Let's remember the aloha spirit of our favorite instrument and not knock anyone's choice of brands. What's beautiful to me, may not be beautiful to someone else. Let's just all bask in the enjoyment of this new owner's beautiful ukulele. We've all be proud to show our Ukes to others. Mahalo ��

Hear, hear! We don't have to like the owner to love the sound of the ukes. I've seen ukes that I hated, owned by people that I like, but it didn't affect my feelings about them. I just stayed away from the ukes!

Theres always room for reconciliation, however one must acknowledge their mistakes and apologize for things to move forward...its a integral part of forgiveness and hopefully to be kinder and nicer from now on. I assume he cannot respond here as he probably has a lifetime ban and we should not talk about him. I hope him well and his business.

personally, I think cocobolo is butt fugly! There's a couple people in our club who have them, I don't know where they came from, but for the price, seems you could buy one of the Hawaiian Big K brands for the $$$'s. IMHO...

personally, I think cocobolo is butt fugly! There's a couple people in our club who have them, I don't know where they came from, but for the price, seems you could buy one of the Hawaiian Big K brands for the $$$'s. IMHO...

Hey Dan,
I am convinced I can get you to see some beauty in the wood.
Firstly, I am not a big fan of the two-toned coco but the all dark wood is stunning, IMHO.

Have a look at this one, especially the 4th pic where you can see the sides.
http://www.gotaukulele.com/2015/12/cocobolo-tenor-ukulele-review.html

Still futt bugly? =)

Aww, and I thought you liked my Cocobolo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom