Installing strap button in neck of uke... Where?

hodges

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to install 2 strap buttons on my uke.
One goes to the bottom which is pretty obvious...
The 2nd one should be installed in the neck:
I am not that sure if installing it in the heel of the neck or on the downside/"arch of the neck"..

There is an instructional video up on youtube doing it the 2nd way...
But most people speak about using the heel (like on a guitar)?!

Any comments or sugeestions - don´t want to make a decission here which I will regret!

Thanks in advance

Michael

I normally just use the end pin as one part of the strap, and then tie the other end around the headstock. It's an easy solution, and there isn't any danger of harming your instrument.

"Downside" is a must.

The installation of a strap button at the heel of the neck can be a problem if the ukulele is top heavy. I had one of my ukes equipped with 2 buttons like that, and the neck end was too heavy to stay in place. It kept dropping down out of position. I have also seen some people with the second button on the underside of the heel, and when they lean forward, the uke spins upside down. Very frustrating.

–Lori

I normally just use the end pin as one part of the strap, and then tie the other end around the headstock. It's an easy solution, and there isn't any danger of harming your instrument.

I used the Neotech Guitar and Banjo Adaptor Loop (SKU Sku #469805000000000 at Music 123) for about $4 at the headstock. It works fine. I have them on three ukes and a tenor banjo.

Top Bottom