Trying to adjust a ukulele suggestions

thesoobz

Reaction score
I got this novelty ukulele from my bestfriend.
But the saddle is made where I can't change the strings. I was wondering what would I do to remove it? And could I just attach a different saddle? By using titebond glue and a clamp?

And the finish is kinda not level would I just use high grade or level sand paper

Any suggestions. Thank u very much. =)

I'm not sure what you mean by "the saddle is made where I can't change the strings". You mean you can't change the saddle? You should be able to change strings on any ukulele.

do the strings insert under the bridge, like trough the sound hole? so that you have to unwind them all at the posts and remove them through the hole then the new strings go in through the sound hole and up through a string hole in the bridge, over the saddle and onto the posts. but you cant wind onto the posts untill all the new strings are hanging out of the bridge holes or you wont have enough room to reach into the sound hole to feed in the next string.

kind of how jody described it its not like a tie bridge, or a bridge pin? sorry im getting all the terms wrong.

the strings go into the uke? ill try to get pictures up. i guess my main question is how would i remove the whole piece? the bridge? ( where the strings are being held down by either a pin or not.)

how would i remove that without damaging the soundboard. so i can order a new one and just glue it on there and clamp it.

it sounds like you have an old peg bridge. what i did was get pliers and a thick towel, and grabbed the peg w/ the towel as padding, so as not to scratch the pegs

no not a peg bridge.. hmm ill try to have pics up.. haha sorry its so confusing what im trying to remove is the part thats on the sound board the lil thing below the sound hole? its glued on.

Top Bottom