Having fun with The Beatles

S11LKO

Reaction score
It’s been a pretty difficuly year for me, overall, in many ways, including ongoing sinus and throat problems which have cut my vocal range by lots - and my voice wasn’t ‘all that’ to start with!!

Anyway, my doctors told me this morning that my throat problem needs further investigation - which is a bit worrying - and that I should consider resting my voice for a while.

But hey...life’s too short to let things get you down, so I thought I’d suck on a ‘Vocalzone’ Throat Pastille and have a first bash at the next Beatles song I want to learn. I haven’t sorted out the middle lead yet so do my usual ‘dee dah dum’ bit for a few bars. lol

I never really looked at doing much Beatles stuff before, but I’m finding it really good fun...this is the 5th one I’ve played about with recently. Let’s hope Paul and Ringo don’t sue me for criminal damage... ;)

Great stuff mate, that lozenger worked a treat! Don't worry too much about the Doctor, they are born worriers! :D You look fine to me!

Haha! Thanks buddy. Just feels like a wire coat hanger being thrust into the left side of my throat every time I go for a high note!
I'll be fine. If not, I'll just have to concentrate on doing 'Old Man River' and 'I Was Born Under A Wandering Star'!! lol

Wonderful, Dave! Great energy in your performance! I hope your throat issues aren't serious, but do take care. If your throat needs a rest, it could be a good chance to work on an instrumental cover.

Wonderful, Dave! Great energy in your performance! I hope your throat issues aren't serious, but do take care. If your throat needs a rest, it could be a good chance to work on an instrumental cover.

Instrumental??? That's hard! Who do you think I am? YOU???

lol Seriously, thanks John! That might well be a great idea!!

Top Bottom