Birth year ukuleles

Hoopoe

Reaction score
This is inspired by a WTB post... and it seems the forum doesn’t like posting it. Pls ignore

I saw this under new posts and I thought it was intriguing. I sometimes wistfully browse at vintage instruments and always find myself attracted to birth years (‘53). But, I’m not really knowledgeable enough to buy vintage. I make unwise choices.

I saw this under new posts and I thought it was intriguing. I sometimes wistfully browse at vintage instruments and always find myself attracted to birth years (‘53). But, I’m not really knowledgeable enough to buy vintage. I make unwise choices.

Bunny, don't tell us you bought a Yugo back in '75...

This is inspired by a WTB post... and it seems the forum doesn’t like posting it. Pls ignore

I have a 1944 Martin - my birth year. Now, I can't guarantee that's the exact year it was made, but it is definitely from that time period - within a year or two.

I have a 1928 Gibson - but it's ten years older than me.

John Colter

I have a Harmony Baritone - it could of been made in my birth year (1956), maybe, but probably not. More likely in the 60's. However I could say it was made in 1956 - but I might be better served if I said I was born in the 60's - except then, I'd be further down the Covid vaccine list . . .

I have a 1944 Martin - my birth year. Now, I can't guarantee that's the exact year it was made, but it is definitely from that time period - within a year or two.

Well, it's nice to see that someone else is my age. Is that Martin a uke or a guitar Jerry?

I'd love to have a 1944 guitar or ukulele. I do like instruments with some miles on 'em.
I have a 1950 Gibson LG1, a 1958 Goya M-26 and a 1962 Martin D-21.
I also have a couple of old banjos, but no way of dating them.
All of my ukuleles are fairly recent, since the turn of the century.
I do have some old, playable banjoleles, and a Regal tipple but don't know the exact date.

Top Bottom