"Georgia On My Mind"

hahaha 3:30 is one of my favorite times to play music... I got a chance to check out a bunch of your videos yesterday but didn't get a chance to comment. You have a really nice style that is really easy to get into, I love it! Please keep sharing!

Something about the output when you are pulling an all-niter is just fantastic Jon. This is perfect!
Wish my all-niter resulted in something this great but no...instead I got to change out a knackered hard drive and wage war against the Blue Screen Of Death. Tonight will be re-networking my computer wireless...fantastic

Really nice job Jon. As usual. :) I didn't realize that this song was so old. I always associated it with country artists from the 60's and 70's.

Great interpretation of true classic, well done, as always.

Just looked over the wiki article on Hoagy Carmichael, and found the little tidbit that John Lennon once said he was his favorite songwriter. I guess George also covered a couple of his tunes.

One of my aspirations is to one day be able to play "Stardust", but I'd also settle for just "Heart and Soul". :)

Last edited:
Beautiful Jon!

Nicely done. Wow, 3:30am?? I certainly wouldn't be able to manage to sing and play like that in the middle of the night. Way to bring it again.

Can't wait to hear it.... on vacation with the family in sunny Florida, soaking up some rays, frolicking in the clear blue sea, strumming my uke in the sandy shade of my rainbow-colored umbrella.... all with a ridiculously slow internet connection. Not even going to try to watch any of these videos till I get home this weekend, but I can't wait to check them out - the others' comments are making my ears' mouths water.....

Sweet. Love your style.
Don

Thankyou so much you guys. Those are really sweet things you wrote and I'm so grateful.

To be totally honest, I ummed and aaahed about even uploading the song. I don't really think I played and sung it very well at all. Nothing like dr bekken, whose music has inspired me so much these past couple of months...to learn and play songs I never would have considered attempting. He is a really wonderful performer, truly, and if you watch this, you'll understand exactly what I'm talkin bout...

If I hadn't watched this, I never would have bothered anyway. This is how it should be sung. Enjoy! :)

He sings the 2nd and 3rd verses at the beginning of this one.

And here is Hoagy Charmichael singing it.

Hi Eugine, ive only just come across this video of yours, wow another fine job done by you and yep the docs is good to, i love this song, i can sort of play it ok(ish) just really struggle to sing it, guess it wasnt meant to be done by a pom from essex :)
The funny thing was i was doing a search for john lennon songs and this thread came up in the results :)

Top Bottom