LIVING WATER STRINGS - new range of uke strings

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
I have just introduced a new range of fluorocarbon ukulele strings. This is my own brand. They are clear, very strong and are made from pure fluorocarbon. In my opinion they have a pure tone. They're called Living Water Strings.

I am very pleased with them and have worked for a long time to get them on the market. I will, of course, be posting some more videos using them.

At the moment there are 4 different sets: soprano, concert, tenor and baritone. All, including the baritone set, are for re-entrant (high 4th string) tuning.

Soprano Cover.jpg

If you would like to find out more about them or get your hands on some, they are available from my website (see below) at introductory prices.

Here are a couple of videos that I have already posted where I am using the new strings. There are several more on my YT channel.

He Was A Friend Of Mine

I'll Fly Away

Thanks.

Attachments

• Soprano Cover small.jpg
    Soprano Cover small.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Just ordered a set for my Concert. Look forward to trying them out.

If you are into sending out samples to dealers, I would recommend sending some to Xoan at http://ukecosas.es/es/ - He is the leading Uke dealer in Spain's burgeoning market. If he likes them he'll promote them on his website and use them in his gigs and Uke trade fairs etc. He's a great chap, but speaks little English. - Berni (Barbablanca)

Just ordered a set for my Concert. Look forward to trying them out.

If you are into sending out samples to dealers, I would recommend sending some to Xoan at http://ukecosas.es/es/ - He is the leading Uke dealer in Spain's burgeoning market. If he likes them he'll promote them on his website and use them in his gigs and Uke trade fairs etc. He's a great chap, but speaks little English. - Berni (Barbablanca)

Thanks Berni. I know Choan quite well. He is a really nice guy.

He is indeed. Like yourself he is trying to turn a passion into a business. Those are sentiments that I feel deserve all our support :eek:

Do you know Choan from here? Or from trade fairs, or what? Does he already stock your strings?

He is indeed. Like yourself he is trying to turn a passion into a business. Those are sentiments that I feel deserve all our support :eek:

Do you know Choan from here? Or from trade fairs, or what? Does he already stock your strings?

My strings are brand new. No, Choan is one of our (Ohana's) main dealers.

Ah, OK. As a relative newcomer here, I was not aware of your Ohana connection.

Like many locals, Choan may well be a closet English speaker, but as he knows I speak Catalan we normally converse in that tongue. Hmm, I haven't seen him for a wee while. This exchange of ours has given me "ganas" to see him again soon. Inspired by you, I might ask him to string me a baritone with re-entrant tuning... Argh! It's UAS all over again! ;)

Ah, OK. As a relative newcomer here, I was not aware of your Ohana connection.

Like many locals, Choan may well be a closet English speaker, but as he knows I speak Catalan we normally converse in that tongue. Hmm, I haven't seen him for a wee while. This exchange of ours has given me "ganas" to see him again soon. Inspired by you, I might ask him to string me a baritone with re-entrant tuning... Argh! It's UAS all over again! ;)

Re-entrant tuning really brings a baritone to life. It enables you to do much more with it.

"Made In Heaven"

mmm, best get me a few sets then

:D:eek:ld:

Me too. As soon as someone has them in the US I'd like to try some. Thx for the info Ken!

You do know that the shipping is flat rate worldwide, no matter how many sets you order, right? No need to be scared of ordering from them thar foreigners. ;)

Just ordered 2 sets of concerts for myself. I have a Flea strung with Martin 600 fluorocarbons and an Ohana with Worth clear fluorocarbons. I like both of them but for different reasons. I'm excited to find out if Ken's new strings combine the traits that I like from each. Yay for new strings!

Nix

P.S. Part of the reason I bought my Ohana CK75-CG was because of your video and recommendation of that model. It will be great to hear your strings on it.

Ken Middleton on March 17, 2012 6:08AM: "All fluorocarbon strings seem pretty much the same to me."
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?62243-Worth-Clears-Any-other-brand-similar

I guess that's all except your brand, eh, Ken. LOL.

I like FC, so I'd like to try them sometime when I can buy in US. Thanks.

No, I stand behind what I said. Fluorocarbon has very different tonal characteristics to nylon and other plastics. As for mine? There are certain subtle things I wanted. The top brands of fluorocarbon strings are all excellent and some people may prefer them over mine.

If I do decide to sell them in the US, I doubt whether they wil be any cheaper than they are at the moment.

Me too. As soon as someone has them in the US I'd like to try some. Thx for the info Ken!

You may have to wait a while. I have already had words with one very well-respected store, but at the moment I am happy to sell them through my website. A lot of people bought them yesterday, and the majority were from the US.

Will be placing an order soon Ken!

I saw the flat rate shipping. What I'm concerned about are customs/duty fees and mostly credit card foreign transaction fees. Those can really bump up the price of the strings to quite high when I'm already happy with Worth and Souhtcoast strings. I'd like to try Ken's strings but not if they are costing me an arm and leg.

You do know that the shipping is flat rate worldwide, no matter how many sets you order, right? No need to be scared of ordering from them thar foreigners. ;)

Will be placing an order soon Ken!

Thanks Barry. Message to follow.

I saw the flat rate shipping. What I'm concerned about are customs/duty fees and mostly credit card foreign transaction fees. Those can really bump up the price of the strings to quite high when I'm already happy with Worth and Souhtcoast strings. I'd like to try Ken's strings but not if they are costing me an arm and leg.

I understand your concerns. Perhaps wait until other US buyers report that there is no problem.

Top Bottom