Beatles Video Thread......Christmas fun!

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score
It's December the 1st........time to launch the UU Beatles Video Thread!
This will run through the month of December and the idea will be to post as many videos as possible through this period. There will be only a couple of rules: 1..It must be Beatles related. 2..It must have a Ukulele in there somewhere. Other than that there are no rules except maybe that you must have fun and enjoy yourselves. It will be great to see stellar playing, wonderful playing, fab singing, gut busting humour, pathos and UU members who are tentatively posting their first videos......you will not be judged on here, only encouragement allowed!
Although I expect most videos will be performed by UU members, I thought I will start the proceedings with a very Ukulele video by the late great George Harrison! Have fun,
Mike.

Thanks for starting this thread and posting the George Harrison video. Sad to think he was being treated for cancer at that time, but his playing and whistling is a testament to his positivity.

Kevin and son, that was lovely! Please, sir, may we have another? :)

I was also very impressed by George Harrison’s whistling ability, and thought it was funny that he mentioned it at the end.

Merry Christmas to all!

A great start to this thread and both videos are very enjoyable; well done troops!
I'm working on some bits to offer during the month, but they're not quite ready yet. However, in order that I can contribute on the first day, I'm posting below a song I did a while ago. It IS 'Beatles related' in that it was the 'official rememberance song' at the concert for George after George Harrison died. I therefore hope it meets the criteria...

Something to look forward to. When I get home from work today, I'll be diving in here and having a great time enjoying any and all videos posted. Thanks in advance to you all.

A great start to this thread and both videos are very enjoyable; well done troops!
I'm working on some bits to offer during the month, but they're not quite ready yet. However, in order that I can contribute on the first day, I'm posting below a song I did a while ago. It IS 'Beatles related' in that it was the 'official rememberance song' at the concert for George after George Harrison died. I therefore hope it meets the criteria...

Great singing and playing -- and humming, Dave. Really enjoyed this!

Davey boy.....you stole my song. Love it well done mate. The end of that song always leave a bit of a lump in my throat

Mike ..... God Bless for starting it off with George. Love that video and he was the Uke Crazy Beatle so most appropriate

Thanks for the kind comments troops. This thread was a GREAT idea of Mike's!!

It IS 'Beatles related' in that it was the 'official rememberance song' at the concert for George after George Harrison died. I therefore hope it meets the criteria...

I always think of the Concert for George when I hear this song, and it always tugs at the heartstrings. Great version of it.
I haven't listened to Joe Brown's "The Ukulele Album" lately, but think that will have to get a spin this weekend now.

Does anyone know what ukulele George was playing there?
Even George posted headless videos. :) I do miss him....

Since there are no rules, I'm going to post a video of someone else. :)

This is Chief Noda playing Hey Jude. He is one of the people who encouraged me to pick up the ukulele, and has shared the enjoyment of it with me.
He's currently battling some health problems, so I doubt he'll be able to take part in this thread, (or even see this), but I'd like to honor his enjoyment of ukulele and The Beatles by posting this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaVzzSZOrKM

Edit: Clearly I don't know how to embed a video, but at least the link is there.

Hey joyful...
A nice vid - thanks for posting, I enjoyed that.
To embed a video, click the icon that looks like a strip of cine film above the box you're typing your words into, and enter the link to the video in the box that appears. Click 'Ok' and it'll be embedded in your message on the boards.
Hope that helps.

Oh...and thanks so much for your comment re my above video - appreciated! X

Beaut work young Dave, this song is almost tailor made for you :D what a great fit :D Thanks for posting!

This one has to get included.
And thanks, Dave, for help with embedding a video.

Top Bottom