Honey (Bobby Goldsboro)

Thanks, Luke! Hope all is well with you! :)

Repeating what I said to this on your YouTube page:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you ain't half bad young John! ���� Seriously mate, again, great stuff. This was the first 45rpm I ever bought for myself...brought back loads of memories. I'm building a nice collection of your stuff now for whenever I need inspiration.

Thanks, Dave! What a great first 45 to have bought! Mine was "Groovy Situation" by Gene Chandler. I just happened to like that song a lot when I got my first paycheck ever! :)

Thanks, Brenda! I have a pretty good memory for lyrics... it's chords that are hard to remember. I actually tape a little "cheat sheet" near the camera, but after doing several takes (I'm definitely not a one-take guy), my short term memory kicks in and I can remember most of the chord patterns.

This is one song that definitely needs the strings in the background! :)

Great rendition! Brings back the memories...

Thanks, rainbow21! I really appreciate it! :)

Beautiful rendition, John. It's funny how my reaction to this song was pretty neutral when I first heard it as a 15-year-old, and now, 50 years and so many chapters of life later, it makes me cry. Thanks for a great memory!

Thanks, Bill! I know I've gotten a bit more "emotional" as I've gotten older. I never used to tear up when watching a movie, but nowadays it happens often. :p

Thanks, Bill! I know I've gotten a bit more "emotional" as I've gotten older. I never used to tear up when watching a movie, but nowadays it happens often. :p

I think your tear ducts were just doing regular self cleaning - that’s all! Ha ha
Musicians are usually very emotional! That’s why you are so good !

Thanks, Brenda! I think so, too! Most musicians feel things strongly, and I think their great art comes from expressing those feelings. :)

Another trip down memory lane. This was one of my Mom's favorites, and she would always tear up when she heard it on the stereo or car radio. Thanks for sharing John.

Bill

Thanks, Bill! I'm glad this brought back memories! :)

Thanks, Joseph! I really appreciate it! :)

Thanks, Laurence! Speaking of story-telling, by coincidence, I was just thinking of trying "The Unicorn" by the Irish Rovers and was even practicing my Irish accent. But I'm not sure I'll do it! :)

Thanks, Laurence! Speaking of story-telling, by coincidence, I was just thinking of trying "The Unicorn" by the Irish Rovers and was even practicing my Irish accent. But I'm not sure I'll do it! :)

Please - I have to hear your irish accent! :)

Top Bottom