Ukulele News from NAMM 2019

Rakelele

Reaction score
Today starts the National Association of Music Merchants' Winter Show (NAMM), so let's start collecting what everybody finds out about new ukulele models and ukulele related stuff that will be new for 2019.

So if you get to visit NAMM, please post your impressions, pictures or videos in this thread.

Those of us who cannot be there in person can still contribute to this thread by posting any ukulele news from NAMM they find on social media etc., or tell everyone what they are most interested in.

As in previous years, this will be a joint effort, so please share what you see!

First off, some of the new models that Romero Creations is showing at NAMM have already been eagerly discussed here, namely the baritone and tiny tenor guileles and the new concert and soprano models with the regular figure 8 shape.

Meanwhile, Pepe Romero has shown some more pictures of these new models. Here is Daniel Ho holding the new baritone size guilele with the tiny tenor body shape:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtBc_VbAAW2/

And here is the new figure 8 concert model (looks like all solid Mahogany):

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs8LZMagDZ_/

And here is a shot of the entire Romero Creations booth (Hall E, number 2106) with all new and older models:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtAQZSfAg-I/

There is kind of a NAMM thread already?

My understanding was that the other thread was more about who is going to the show and I didn't want to impose a totally different direction onto that discussion. However, I too am all for keeping things simple and wouldn't mind to stop this thread in order to proceed with just one single thread. (On the other hand, there are currently three or four different threads which discuss the very same new brand of planetary tuners from Graphtech.)

I'm going Sunday all day and planning to shoot photos and videos.

9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 8 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 33)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video

Rakelele seems to start a NAMM thread every year and does a great job gathering information. This is the thread I will be visiting regularly for updates, always fun to see the new stuff

Looking forward to the posts, but also hoping my UAS doesn't get triggered. :)

I stopped by the Romero booth, and he gave me a run down on what was new for 2019. Here is the link to the video:

Thanks for the video. Would really like to see a close up of that new traditional shaped Soprano.

Looks like someone posted a K’anilea video

I stopped by the Romero booth, and he gave me a run down on what was new for 2019. Here is the link to the video

Thanks for sharing this.

I am excited about the Tiny Tenor shaped and baritone scale guitar(lele) tuned E-to-E.

I wonder what strings they are using on that one and if they can be purchased somewhere...

Top Bottom