Blackbird Clara Group

PereBourik

Ukulele don't judge
UU VIP
Reaction score
Are there enough of us Clara players out here to start a group?

I'm in. Big fan here, despite usually preferring tenor scale. It is so faultless in every other aspect that I overlook the slightly cramped scale length for me.

I'm gonna have the home visit Clara for a week. So, I'll join for a week.

I'm a Clara owner and big fan (though I must admit my new-to-me Collings UC2 is getting a lot of love right now! ;-). Not sure what benefit there would be in a dedicated group, but happy to support the idea and give it a try. FWIW, the few other groups in here I joined have been worthless. I'm not saying there aren't subgroups that are worthwhile, but the few I tried have not been.

Also, anyone close enough to LA who wants to try my Clara (sorry, you can't take it with you!), is welcome. Just PM me.

Last edited:
There may be some purpose in this, considering Ekoa is such a new material. I think we all want to know: How it ages, how it takes an unfortunate dink or accident, how to take care of scratches, how it reacts after being exposed to rain, what are the best strings for it.. etc.

Hi fellow Clara owners (and other interested parties): Do you guys remove the piece of padding on the underside of the top of the Access bag?

I just saw a Mya-Moe video about how there should ideally not be any pressure applied to the bridge by bags/cases. And it occurred to me that this piece of padding inside the Clara bag indeed applied pressure to the bridge, such that I can see indentation of the strings on it.

Should I remove it?

Hi fellow Clara owners (and other interested parties): Do you guys remove the piece of padding on the underside of the top of the Access bag?

I just saw a Mya-Moe video about how there should ideally not be any pressure applied to the bridge by bags/cases. And it occurred to me that this piece of padding inside the Clara bag indeed applied pressure to the bridge, such that I can see indentation of the strings on it.

Should I remove it?

Mine shows the same indentations. I went to the Access website. That piece serves as a lower bout cushion when using the bag for a soprano. (Can't find it now.) I like the security of it, since there's nothing to secure the neck cradle. Pressure at the bridge never occurred to me. If you're worried get in touch with Joe at Blackbird. We're dealing with something unconventional here. Old rules may not apply.

I moved the strip to the bottom, around the lower bout. There are velcro strips to attach it there for a nice snug fit.

And you can move the neck support to the top---and now it's a soprano case in case you get one.

Thanks geetee.

I was wondering if I should remove the padding altogether, since it covers the entire uke from top to bottom in my bag.

Mine shows the same indentations. I went to the Access website. That piece serves as a lower bout cushion when using the bag for a soprano. (Can't find it now.) I like the security of it, since there's nothing to secure the neck cradle. Pressure at the bridge never occurred to me. If you're worried get in touch with Joe at Blackbird. We're dealing with something unconventional here. Old rules may not apply.

I shall email Joe. I am guessing you are not really concerned about it?

Hi there fellow Clara owners:

Is my Clara the only one that a part under the bridge which is not so smooth or shiny as the rest of the body?

I cannot for the life of me remember if the slightly rougher spot had always been there, or is it cos of the sweat from my forearm?

Is my Clara the only one that a part under the bridge which is not so smooth or shiny as the rest of the body?

I cannot for the life of me remember if the slightly rougher spot had always been there, or is it cos of the sweat from my forearm?

Mine is consistent with the rest of the body.

Mine got funny after sweating as well. At first it bothered me, now I just ignore it.

Top Bottom