The Rebel

Status
Not open for further replies.

olphart

Reaction score
I've been impressed with the sound of "The Rebel" ukes. I would like to get a tenor if I could find one at a good price. (a good price being south of $1000, depending on the ukulele :))

Other than their custom and limited series, which will set you back $3K+ if you can find them (tend to be stupid small production on these), I believe the only model they offer in the normal production in tenor size is the all-mango Creme model. That said, I’ve only ever seen listings for the sopranos and concert long-neck (what I have and love in two wood combos).

You might contact Andrew at HMS to see if they can’t special order you a production model tenor. The worst thing that could happen is he says “sorry, can’t help you”, right? ;)

If you end up finding one, I’m sure you’re going to love it. :shaka:

Still looking. Kimo's Particle is sold, so that's out. It was just outside my price range anyway.

No shame in doin' the bump. ;)

Mim's Ukes can fix you up. I believe The Rebel Mango Long-neck Concerts run around $750 USD. Concert body with a Tenor neck.

Last edited:
I've got a Rebel but I'm afraid it's about triple what you're looking to spend. They are great instruments worth investing in (IMHO).

As a side note, I've heard that Rebel is made by the same company that makes the Opio line for KoAloha. So if you want a budget Rebel...buy the Spruce Opio! :)

Having played both, that proposition is a losing one in my book! Obviously ymmv, but the build is totally different.

Made by the same luthier team? Yes. Made the same? Not from my experience.

The Rebel company builds the Opio line of instruments to the KoAloha design and specifications. And acording to KoAloha's methods and procedures. KoAloha taught them how to build Opio ukuleles. Rebel used to list several other top line companies that they used to also make instruments for. That's all been removed, including any references to KoAloha or Opio.

Ukuleles made under the The Rebel brand are of their own design and build. There is probably some cross over, but not much.

Choirguy, I know you meant this tongue-in-cheek, but, just in case... Besides, I wondered if anyone remembers what other brands The Rebel people made ukuleles for. I remember being surprised when I first saw them a year or so ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom