It Helps to Start Young

Yeah, but can he sing? :D

I say that all the time about a lot of thing, but then my wife asks me what I would be doing now if I had started playing when I was five, peaked when I was ten, and was a has been by the time I was twenty. She helps me keep my perspective. :)

My wife started about age 5, she is multi instrumental.........I says she has done well.....

My son started at age 4, he is on his way to being multi instrumental......no complaints here

While my wife can sing I'm not so sure if my son can yet or not.....

Hind sight of course is usually very clear.........I would have liked to have started at a young age.....I'm glad I at least started...

Saw a jazz quartet last Friday night....not a one of them sang with their voice.....but boy could that upright bass player sing with his fingers....

The mezzo soprano singer that joined them latter......well... meh......while I may not have appreciated her abilities my wife assured me she was a gifted singer.....I'm sure my wife is correct on this account....she has a good ear and experience....

I take Dr. Suzuki's approach that we can all learn music as long a there is patience and love........my family needs a lot of both to put up with my ukulele journey....:cool:

Top Bottom