Request review of Mainland Ukuleles

Sic_Rob

Reaction score
i U.G. Friends,

I bought my 1st ukulele about 3 months ago and It hooked my hard. I love playing it. the day it arrived I went down to the kids play room once they went to bed and started playing. 5 hours later I realized 2 things. 1st I found the outlet that I have been looking for. Second i had to get up in 3 hours! I truly enjoy playing and wish I had bought 1 years early, but at least I bought 1.

I had decided to step up to the next quality level of ukulele. My beginner ukulele is a Lanikai LU-21 Soprano Ukulele which is an awesome started ukulele but I want to move up but I don't want to spend $1,000 or more on something a Martin or Kamaka (at least not yet:) ). I found a ukulele named Mainland Ukulele, but i can not find many reviews on it. Can any one give me anything they know about the company and the instruments? I like the fact that their prices and I also like that they are solid Mahogany. They look beautiful but have no idea how they sound and play. I do not know of any dealers in my Area, (New Jersey) So I am going to the Ukulele population hear on Underground Ukulele. Can anyone please offer any info about Mainland Ukulele? I look forward to hearing from anyone and everyone. Thanks,

Sincerely,
Rob

reviews for the Mainland ukulele company

Hi U.G. Friends,

I bought my 1st ukulele about 3 months ago and It hooked my hard. I love playing it. the day it arrived I went down to the kids play room once they went to bed and started playing. 5 hours later I realized 2 things. 1st I found the outlet that I have been looking for. Second i had to get up in 3 hours! I truly enjoy playing and wish I had bought 1 years early, but at least I bought 1.

I had decided to step up to the next quality level of ukulele. My beginner ukulele is a Lanikai LU-21 Soprano Ukulele which is an awesome started ukulele but I want to move up but I don't want to spend $1,000 or more on something a Martin or Kamaka (at least not yet:) ). I found a ukulele named Mainland Ukulele, but i can not find many reviews on it. Can any one give me anything they know about the company and the instruments? I like the fact that their prices and I also like that they are solid Mahogany. They look beautiful but have no idea how they sound and play. I do not know of any dealers in my Area, (New Jersey) So I am going to the Ukulele population hear on Underground Ukulele. Can anyone please offer any info about Mainland Ukulele? I look forward to hearing from anyone and everyone. Thanks,

Sincerely,
Rob

I've only heard good things and I'm sure one or two people here will give you some info.:)

Yes, if you do a search, you will get an ton of threads from satisfied customers. Mike at Mainland is great– really good customer service. I have two Mainlands, and I think they are excellent for their price.

–Lori

You are in the right place - the more you read on this forum, the more you will find people recommending Mainlands. I have a Mainland Concert and I absolutely adore it.

Mike, the proprietor is a member on here too (Hoosier)

Review:

Mainland kicks all kinds of booty. Hard.

Happy shopping!

2.5? Sounds like there may be a story there. Thanks for the comments

I have also reviewed Mainland on my own uke site. Great instruments.

If I could really have only one, it would be my Mainland Mahogany Soprano. This is the one I'd marry.

10/10 from me.

If you don't mind schlepping to Manhattan, Claude from East Village Music has Mainlands you can try!

Don't have one yet, but will be acquiring one soon. They are beautiful in real life and sweet sounding. I had the pleasure of meeting Mike and Tootka this weekend. They are two of the most genuine people. Their hearts are in their business and will back your purchase with their warm and honest way. They want their customers to be thrilled with their purchase.

Just do it!!!! Get one. I have a tenor and a concert in gloss mahogany and think they are fantastic. I think I'm too old to say "awesom". I sold a mandolin to buy a "K" brand and the more I played my Mainlands, the more I decided that I don't think that I'll find anything that I like as well or better than them. Mike at Mainland and Uke Republic Mike are both really great guys to work with. Believe it or not, I'm not affiliated with Mainland at all, I just think they are the greatest.

I think I read somewhere (probably on here actually) that Mainland and Ohana are assembled in the same factory. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Last edited:
Top Bottom