Hell All

oldden

Reaction score
Hi,
Well, I’m hooked. I have played a keyboard for longer than I can remember, also I play guitar, both chords and fingerstyle in a fashion. My wife asked me what I want for my birthday coming in March. Just randomly looking on the internet for ideas, I came across some videos of people playing ukuleles and now I can’t wait. I am not allowed to have one until my 73rd Birthday so I’m now looking for what to buy, which changes, every day. At the moment it’s a Lohanu tenor from Amazon. A tenor size seems best for me because I like the sound and also I am used to the size of my guitar fretboard. The make seems ok for a start then I will get a better one when I know what’s what and can appreciate a better ukulele. No doubt I will come back here for views and advice.
Roll on March.
Oldden.

Yes, I’ve put the title wrong it should be Hello not Hell. Oops, senior moment
oldden

Welcome Oldden! If you're already familiar with guitar then the transition will probably quite smooth. Depending on how much you plan to play with others, you might also prefer to get a baritone, you know the chords already. The tenor (my preferred size) will mean that you can very easily play along with many tutorials on YouTube, since most of them are for GCEA tuning.
When you're hooked you can build a nice collection.

Top Bottom