Taylor 214ce K DLX

S11LKO

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

I'm still investigating options and your previous suggestions/advice for what new guitar I should buy with my limited budget and playing ability.

Do any of you own, or have you ever tried a Taylor 214ce K DLX (DLX = so I'm told, a 'deluxe model' upgraded from the standard?)

It seems to be ticking a lot of boxes for me.

What are its pros and cons?

My observations over the past few years have led me to believe this is a guitar to avoid if there is any thought that you might want to sell it later.

In my opinion, these guitars cost too much for a laminated back and sides guitar and most of that cost seems to go into what I consider to be needless bling in the form of figured veneers. The ones I've seen sold on the second hand market often sit idle until the sellers take a bath, pricewise.

If I was in the market for another GA Taylor, I'd pony up the extra money for a 300 series... not that much more money gets you an all solid wood guitar

Last edited:
Thanks SwampYankee - sounds wise advice.

That is solid advice. I have no experience with the 214 Taylor so I had no observations. It really is a buyers market for used guitars, if you visit the Acoustic Guitar Forum you will see first had. Some great deals to be had on excellent instruments and you could get a good used 314 same or lower than a new 214. If you are going to treat yourself to another guitar, be it Taylor or Martin get an all solid wood instrument. Like me you aren't a teenager anymore so time is not on our side. Do it now while you can, you deserve it

That is solid advice. I have no experience with the 214 Taylor so I had no observations. It really is a buyers market for used guitars, if you visit the Acoustic Guitar Forum you will see first had. Some great deals to be had on excellent instruments and you could get a good used 314 same or lower than a new 214. If you are going to treat yourself to another guitar, be it Taylor or Martin get an all solid wood instrument. Like me you aren't a teenager anymore so time is not on our side. Do it now while you can, you deserve it

Thanks Dave

Oh Wow. Downupdave
Buy now while you can.
Now you got me thinking again
I wish I didn’t read this thread :D

Tis true though young Bren. My old mate always said before he died young: "Live for today; tomorrow is not promised!"

Top Bottom