Martin ukulele kit

I loved this: "...The only blemish we have found is a bit of tear out on the bass side of the heel which is in the provided photos. ..."

But it's listed as "Mint" condition!

If it's a legit Martin Kit, judging by the condition of the case, it's been around for a lot of years.

I think I'd want it sprayed for termites before taking it on. Or treated for dry rot?

Where in the photos does is show any Martin branding at all????

No where. (unless I missed something)

So the title seems to be all clickbait to me without any provenance, and $290 USD for a tenor uke kit with a hard shell case seems quite expensive to me.

You can buy a nice Mainland mahogany tenor, already assembled, for about that price.

Prior to the virus pandemic, you could find similar cases on eBay and Amazon for ~$50 USD shipped, not sure the price now, but I would pass on this if it were me.

I don't see "Martin" anywhere.

As for the messed up heel, maybe that could be sanded away. The neck seems pretty rough, and it would probably need quite a bit of modifying. For that price, someone else can buy it. Stewart McDonald sells nice kits - with instructions. I didn't see any paperwork with the Reverb kit.

Top Bottom