"Servus" from Vienna, Austria!

sirweasel

Reaction score
Hello and "Servus" from Vienna!

After desperate waiting on the arriving of the registration Email...I am finally able to post here.
A short introduction: I am 27 and a student (only a few weeks to go to my final exam ). My way to music...in my very young years my parents wanted me to learn recorder, but I didn't liked it. So my musical career was very short and my parents were the kind of: I say "oh mom I want to learn E-guitar" "you should learn classical guitar first"..."oh mom I want to learn keyboard" "you should learn piano first"! When I look back...now I would be glad, when I would have started with classical guitar or piano back then.
Well, after living many years in an unmusical wasteland, I started playing bass guitar about 5 years ago...I would call it my main and favorite instrument. Although I love bass guitar, it's not the only instrument I like, so I started to play piano last year (and I am still not good at it at all) and in the last couple of weeks I started to take singing lessons. Haha it is like an musical midlife crises...I want to catch up, what I missed the years before.

A few weeks before christmas I get interested in playing ukulele...I don't know why, maybe because it is so much smaller than a bass guitar. :D I watched many videos on youtube and was fascinated about the variety of this instrument and of course I love the sound. And what a concidence, my parents wanted to know what they can give me for christmas. :rolleyes:

What else can I say, since christmas eve I am a proud owner of an Kala Curly Mango Concert Ukulele. :cool:
Since then I play every free minute I have! Of course the lessons on UU are a great help for me...at the moment I practice Weezer's Island in the sun!

The last thing I can say...I hope we have a great time together! :D
Greetings from snowy Vienna!
Chris

Welcome to the Underground Chris!

Hi sirweasel. Willkommen in UU. :)

also, hi :D

Ich war zweimal in Wien, schöne Stadt!

"Der Geist ist willig aber der Fleisch ist Schwach..." Is UAS on the way?

Welkommen Sie! Ich bin ein Amerikaner und mein Frau ist von Phillipinen aber sie kann deutsch sperchen! Welkommen Sie! von NJ!!!

This is another shameless attempt at showing off with a language I hardly speak...

Last edited:
Welcome! I've always wanted to visit Vienna.

JJ

Aloha Chris, welcome to UU. Just have fun with your ukulele. Watch out........ it will be your first love. Stick your bass guitar in the closet, lol.

Top Bottom