New Uke Player => New Youtube channel

HawaiianRebel

Reaction score
Hey all!

I've been playing the uke since I got my first one at the end of June, almost seven weeks ago. And now that I've gotten past the complete beginner stage, I'm ready to post some videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyUkeProgress

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must get back to practice!

HR

HR,

Outstanding for seven weeks. It took me that long to get 3 chords and a couple of strum patterns down. I hope you have been able to find a local jam group to play with.

Keep on practicing and blessings....

have you had previous experience with string instruments? you accomplished in one summer what i haven't been able to in 9 months. you're really good! more portal please ;P

Thanks for the positive feedback, all!

1. Re Jam: Seattle is a pretty good uke town, so I will soon show up to a uke group's jam. But I've gotten four of my friends to take up the uke, and we had our own beginners jam last week.
2. Re Tabs: The description of the video has links to my sources. There's some tab/lyrics info in the links, along with an instructional video on how to play the song with low-g tuning. (I'd post it now, but I'm at work and avoid youtube here)
3. Re Exp: I don't have any experience playing string instruments before I took up the uke in June. I did take piano lessons for a few years, but I was a lousy student (almost never practiced). As a new uke enthusiast, I've played every day for almost fifty days now!

Again, thanks for the feedback! The only thing upsetting me about the uke is that it took so long for me to take it up! So I think I'm motivated to make up for lost time.

HR

yo hawaiianrebel, i been playing since the 15th june this year, i have been toying with upping a coupla songs too, you have just inspired me to do that, although you sing good too, my voice is not as good, i sound more like shane mc'gowan off the pogues, great effort m8

Thanks, kaizersoza! I definitely encourage you to upload some songs! Just about everybody is nice with the feedback, and in a few weeks/months/years you will be able to see just how far you've progressed!

HR

Really good :) I especially enjoyed Still Alive. I've been playing for almost two months as well!

Very well done! You've made way more progress than I have since starting in December! I'm a slow learner...

That in 7 weeks? If you don't mind sharing, how are you going about learning? Any advice as far as learning materials are concerned?

Top Bottom