String Recommendations

xsl10

Reaction score
I was just wondering what strings would be the best for my ukulele, i have a soprano ukulele.

Depends on the ukulele. Most people around here seem to like Aquilas and Worths. I've never tried worths. I personally like Aquilas on my cheapo Hilo soprano. Fremont Blacks also sounded very good on it.

The general rule of thumb seems to be aquilas for strumming, worth strings for plucking. I've used both, and a lot of it is a matter of preference. The Aquila strings are louder and brighter, while the worths are a little softer, and are more comfortable to pluck than aquilas. I'd base it on the type of music you plan on playing. One thing to keep in mind is that the worth strings are more expensive, but the packages contain strings long enough for two sets.

Also, the brown and clear worth strings seem to be pretty much identical sonically. If you decide on them, choose based on aesthetics, there's little functional difference according to other UU reports.

Those strings sare for a Tenor Ukulele. I think they'll be too hard on a Soprano Ukulele.

I think Aldrine did a Uke Got Mail on what strings and all of that kinda stuff... :)

The best strings for your uke are:

WORTH CLEAR, LIGHT TENSION.

Top Bottom