FS: Pono Pro Classic Cedar Top / Rosewood Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonoMSU

Reaction score
SOLD. 2017 Pono RT-PC-C Ukulele in excellent to near mint condition. I am the original owner and I bought it to try out ukulele playing. It has been played only occasionally since I bought it. It has western red cedar top, rosewood back and sides, koa binding on front and back, and radiused fret board. It comes with the original Pono case in like new condition. It is strung with a high G, and I have included a wound low G string.

Attachments

• 384BDAAE-1FC5-456D-932E-12D44D202477.jpg
    384BDAAE-1FC5-456D-932E-12D44D202477.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
These are excellent tenors. My understanding is that the Rosewood bodies are no longer being made. The rosewood/cedar combination is a little warmer than the spruce top version. Both are great!

Nice price too.

That’s correct. The rosewood is no longer available due to an International shipping ban. I found that out recently when I made a call to Kilin Reese at Pono to talk with him about Pono octave mandolins. The reason I’m selling the ukulele is because I spend my time on mandolin and open back banjo. Since I don’t play the ukulele I’m selling it to help with the cost of the Pono octave mandolin. I’m impressed with the quality of Pono instruments, especially for the price.

I love my Pono cedar top. It’s the only tenor I have and the only one that I need. This is an excellent instrument.

I agree completely! Mine is strung Low G. The only other tenor I own is a vintage Martin tenor strung high G! That’s how good this Pono Pro is!
Someone will be getting a great Tenor!

I love my Pono cedar top. It’s the only tenor I have and the only one that I need. This is an excellent instrument.

Someone will be very happy with this one. My cedar top Pono is my workhorse. Love it!

That is a steal! I have the same one (2016), low g, and it is a fabulous sounding tenor!

One of best factory tenors around at a great price. If I weren't actively saving toward a higher-end tenor, this would be mine.

If you're on the fence, decide quickly; this offer won't last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom