Kumalae Style-4

That is stunningly lovely & w/the repairs likely to last another century! I LOVE my vintage Kumalae - sweet sounds.

Aloha David..
It looks stunning and in mint condition...wish I had the moolah...this would be with me for sure....shoots

David the photos seem to be gone.
Are you still making any ukuleles, looks like some is looking for one in the marketplace (the thought runs through my mind too, though to tell the truth I am pretty much tapped out - maybe some day??)

Last edited:
Vintage Kumalae Style 3, $450. reasonable offers considered.
Restored by David Newton, (me) this lovely uke, 20's I believe, has had its shrunken back removed, all interior work re-glued, and a back binding added. Mostly original finish, with French polish added where appropriate.

2 back cracks on the lower bout wings are glued. The bridge has been replaced with a intonation-compensated replica. The frets have been smoothed, new boxwood pegs have been fitted and work well. Aquila genuine gut strings are supplied. The string height is 3/32” over the 12th fret, and the tone is as expected with gut strings, modern strings may add some punch. This is a fine old instrument, ready to play without fear. Original, end-loading case included. Shipping extra.

kum%20fin%201sm.jpg

kum%20fin%202sm.jpg

kum%20fin%203sm.jpg

kum%20fin%204sm.jpg

Last edited:
Bump, because if it ain't been sold, it should have.

Lovely work. I have always been very impressed with the beauty and craft in your builds- always top notch!

Man, that Kumalae is so beautiful.

Are there any soundsamples available ?

Top Bottom