what are you reading?

I am reading a book about the past great leaders that changed the world. It is great to read about these influencers and their different leadership qualities.

Currently reading 'The Histories' by Herodotus, the Father of History. Getting my ancient Greek on!

Reading a book of cycling memoirs by Tim Hilton, and working through a massive Edgar Allan Poe collection, many of which stories are tedious as heck!

I've just started Good Omens by Neil Gaiman. And I am really getting addicted to his works.

I'm getting into a little mob history with Joseph Bonanno's autobiography :eek:ld:
20200713_041204.jpg

I read Bellewether. One of the few books that actually captures the scientific process in its true chaotic form.

Just finished, The Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larson. Extremely well written and researched. About Churchill and the UK citizens during the year 1940. Under extreme duress their leader and the population of the UK were valiant and very determined to overcome the Nazi attacks. And they succeeded.

Darwin's Radio by Greg Bear. Very strange to read a pandemic novel these days.

The G&B Detective Agency series. I've heard through the grapevine that the author is coming out with another one before Christmas. I'm excited about it. ;)

Queen of the South, by Arturo Perez-Reverte (English translation by Andrew Hurley)

It's the story of a young woman caught up in the world of drug smugglers and cartels. I'm about halfway through, and really enjoying it!

Last edited:
NOFX’s autobiography. For a mostly lighthearted band, there are some seriously dark stories in it, but it’s still a good book.

Have just finished re-reading all of Steven Goulds 'Jumper' series, five novels and one short story; am now tackling his five or six standalone novels.

Farthing by Jo Walton, an alternate history where England embraces Nazism to end the war with Hitler.

Just finished 'Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind' by Dr. Yuval Noah Harari which is a fascinating look at our species and how we've developed. And I've just started 'Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams' by Professor Matthew Walker which explains the biology of sleep. Both are highly readable and very entertaining.

"A Better Man" by Louise Penny, "Climbing Free" (autobio of Lynn Hill), "Limitless Mind" by Dr. Jo Boaler (neural plasticity...good inspiration for mental aspect of uke playing!)...

well i found out about this condition names color blindness and i just wondered how is this condition so now im doing a research about it and blindness ! its like im just curious to know how they see the world. its just fascinating and worth thinking about

This book is called My Grandfather's Blessings, by Rachel Naomi Remen. I've only just started it.

Just finished 'Tender is the Night' by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It's like 'The Great Gatsby' writ large. Filled with subtle, elegant prose, with jabs of stinging wit!

Top Bottom