what are you reading?

A Gentleman in Moscow, by Amor Towles. Highly recommend it. One of the most well-written books I have ever read.

The Snowman by Jo Nesbo. If you like detective stories, it is worth reading.

I'm on First King of Shannara, book 9 of a 32 book sequence by Terry Brooks, beginning with Running with the Demon and ending with The Last Druid. I started just a bit over a month ago.

I've fallen out of the habit of reading regularly the last couple of years. Too often I wait until I go to bed and then I read only about 3-4 pages before I start falling asleep. It sometimes takes me forever to read a book. I'm averaging only about 1 book per month this year. I hope to up that total next year. I'm currently reading The Book Thief. I'm about 100 pages in and I'm enjoying it so far.

'Buck 'Em! The Autobiography of Buck Owens' - With twenty-one #1 hit records, Buck Owens was one of Country music's biggest stars, and he epitomized the Bakersfield Sound.

Also, just finished reading 'The Bakersfield Sound' - a book that details the history of the Country music scene in Bakersfield, California, which included Buck Owens, Merle Haggard, and other great artists, songwriters and musicians.

EDIT: Buck 'Em was a great read!

Last edited:
'Buck 'Em! The Autobiography of Buck Owens' - With twenty-one #1 hit records, Buck Owens was one of Country music's biggest stars, and he epitomized the Bakersfield Sound.

Also, just finished reading 'The Bakersfield Sound' - a book that details the history of the Country music scene in Bakersfield, California, which included Buck Owens, Merle Haggard, and other great artists, songwriters and musicians.

I love the Bakersfield sound and Buck Owens so this is a book I'd probably enjoy. Just as much, if not more so, I'd be interested in learning more about Don Rich, Owens' right hand man. What a fantastic talent he was!

If you don't already know them you should check out The Derailers. They were a great band that fully embraced the Bakersfield sound. Their best years were 1995-2003 when founding member Tony Villanueva was still part of the group. They even released an album titled, "Under The Influence Of Buck".

Ancient Bones: Unearthing the Astonishing New Story of How We Became Human

Top Bottom