Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: what are you reading?

Finished David McCullough's Truman biography. That was an interesting time in American history.
    - Laura

I saw this thread and thought "I need to add A Gentleman in Moscow". It's amazing. It's like a quaint beautiful play. So intimate and well written. I absolutely loved it. One of the better novels I have read in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFN View Post
    I just read A Gentleman In Moscow by Amor Towles. I had the pleasure of attending an appearance by the author to our local library. He was very interesting, and walked us through the creative process. Meticulous research and a strict attention to detail that was clearly apparent in the book. The book itself was wonderful, one of the best I've read in a while. My wife read this, and thought it was, Neh! As the saying goes, different strokes for different folks.
    "If a lot of people play the ukulele, the world would be a better place to live."

John Banville, The Infinities

"All for one, one for all!" It's excellent.

‘House Made of Dawn’ by N. Scott Momaday. He is the first Native American author to win the Pulitzer Prize. For that book. In 1969. Seemed appropriate to read as tomorrow is Indigenous Peoples Day. A sad but redemptive story. Writing is like slow poetry. I had a opportunity to see a documentary screening of his life that’s just out called ‘Words From a Bear’. Wonderful man and story. Look for it on Netflix, etc. ext month. ����
    ( o)---::

"The Unicorn Anthologhy," edited by Peter Beagle. Beagle wrote the book "The Last Unicorn," on which the movie of the same name was based.

Thread Information