Where. Is everyone?

Sleeping is easy. Its staying awake that's hard. I really am not a morning person. Supposed to be doing guitar practice and piano practice. I just can't get motivated.

Well, I’ve cut down on my daily walks, and I’ve started going to bed earlier. I’ve also stopped (so far) sleeping on the couch during TV time.

And for the last three nights I’ve gotten a full night’s sleep (except the old man nature breaks). Pretty good for me. :eek:ld:

I get up at 5:30. Get up take synthroid, wait 30 minutes, eat breakfast, take a BC for the arthritis, take the rest of the meds, feed the donkeys and take the nephew to school. 11:00 PM is late, late bedtime for me. And I am pooped way before that time.

I usta go to bed at 11 or 12 pm, so I could get 5 or 6 hours (with breaks) without waking up at 3. However, I was tired and sometimes fell asleep during the day.

Now, I go to bed at 10 and get up at 5 or 6. I also stopped sleepin’ on the couch during TV and cut down on my daily walks. Last night, I slept all night, but had trouble falling asleep; my head was too busy.

So, anyway, the new system is workin’. Well, Youngsters, this is what you’ve got to look forward to. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
I go to bed whenever I go to bed. I usually climb out of bed for the last time around 7:30 or 8:00 in the morning sometimes 9:00, but that is extreme. I'm up off and on all night, and not just to go to the bathroom. I've been known to go for a walk at three in the morning. I don't worry about it. I never have. Frankly, laying there in bed fighting to go to sleep is just too much stress and keeps me awake. I'm retired, I'll sleep when I sleep. Who cares what time it is? I got nothing to get up for anyway.

Last edited:
Had a 70th birthday meal to go to for the mother in law and ate too much, so didn't get into bed till far too late. Oh well, nothing to get up for this morning. Now where's that coffee...

Been a busy day for me so far, browsing second hand books online this morning, found a game programming book for python, so ordered it, then this afternoon, I thought I'd look up (tin) whistle books, bought three, two books of tunes, one kind of history & tutor - I'm getting set up for those long dark nights to come. :)

Been a busy day for me so far, browsing second hand books online this morning, found a game programming book for python, so ordered it, then this afternoon, I thought I'd look up (tin) whistle books, bought three, two books of tunes, one kind of history & tutor - I'm getting set up for those long dark nights to come. :)

I wonder what it would cost to send something to Britain. It seems to me that it would be expensive. :eek:ld:

Yeah, postage often outweighs a decent price from abroad, I always make sure to buy from home Country or E.U. - although, sometimes, I take a chance on Chinese, if it's not expensive, because they often absorb the postage costs & send it free of charge. How long that will last though is anyone's guess. :)

I had another good night’s sleep last night. I think my success (knock wood) comes from not sleeping on the couch in the evening and going to bed earlier (around 10). Huzzah!

I even had a short nap after brunch! :eek:ld:

Top Bottom