Thread: Can't find chords for this song... ANYWHERE!

Default Can't find chords for this song... ANYWHERE!

Hello,

I've recently watched this amazing film called 'Attila Marcel' the other day - I recommend it if you haven't watched it!

There appears a beautiful ukulele song as this one:

I've looked through the Internet to find the chords for this song... everywhere.. including the French web... but I couldn't find it

If there's anyone who is nice and kind enough to figure out the chords used in the song just by listening to it... I'd be very very thankful!

Regards,

IF you have an ipad and can extract the audio to mp3 there is an inexpensive app called Chord Detector that does a very good job of pullit out the chords.

It even has an addon for ukulele chords. you might want to try it out.
    YouTube channel
    Personal blog

Instead of anticipating the goal, learn to enjoy the Journey for this is where we spend 99.9% of our time.
    The Journey is the reward...

Here you go, extracted the chords with chord detector.

Seems simple enough, the text screenshot shows you the number of seconds for each chord.

Using these you should be able to play along with the video to start figuring it out.

You should be able to make your own chord chart based on this.

Sometime chord decttor adds too many chords so use what sounds right to you.

Good luck

image.jpg

image.jpg
    YouTube channel
    Personal blog

Instead of anticipating the goal, learn to enjoy the Journey for this is where we spend 99.9% of our time.
    The Journey is the reward...

It goes like this I think:

Air du Moustique (pdf)

Rudi
    UkeFever... ukulele tabs for free!

This is a lovely song, thanks for sharing it and thanks Putter for figuring out how it goes.

Wow, you guys are magicians...Putter, and Olarte...!

Putter what program did you use to tab the song?

Quote Originally Posted by sonomajazz View Post
    Putter what program did you use to tab the song?
    I use Guitar Pro 6.
    UkeFever... ukulele tabs for free!

Hello,

Wow I can't believe I registered back in 2007 and this is my forst post !
    Sorry to bump this thread I've just been made aware of its existence.

The tab is wrong, and so is the chord detector, (o maybe I can't read it), I have no merit to know that because I played the ukulele for this movie and in particular for that piece. There are as you can hear several ukulele tracks (not on the youtube link posted above though, but you can hear the full version here, first song) but the main one starts using the four strings, this way
    Code:
    0----
    ---0-
    --0-0
    0----
    on a C6 chord, then switch to a G9 (or G7add2, played without the third, that is 0120) with the same picking pattern, those two chords are enough to play the first part.
    time signature is 3/4 which is quite obvious, and the strumming pattern is mostly /D_DU_U/

I really don't come often so if you've got any question feel free to send me an email.

Most of the original music for the movie were composed by Sylvain Chomet, the movie director and writer, who is a good ukulele, piano and manouche guitar player, and recorded and edited by Franck Monbaylet.

It is indeed a very nice movie, which definitely didn't get the audience it deserved in Europe.

If you like this movie don't miss the animated films by Mr Chomet, "Les triplettes de Belleville" and "L'illusioniste".

Bertrand
    Last edited by Bertrand; 03-08-2016 at 01:27 AM.

Wow. Now that is magic to me. What a great thread! Helpful forum members utilizing apps figure out the ukulele song from a french movie, then the original player from the score comes aboard the forum and fine tunes and clarifies the tab and enlightens folks to the background of films director, who also happens to play ukulele, manouche and piano. Now I am going to go watch this movie "Attila Marcel"and perhaps be moved to learn the song as well!

Sharp shin

It's threads like this that remind me of how the ukulele can have seemingly magical qualities to pull folks together from all around the world, and from all walks of life...

Good stuff!
    Guinea proverb: "A cow that has no tail should not try to chase away flies."

Thread Information