Your Ultimate Ukulele Festival

Let me add the Jive Aces. I think they'd be cool!

Okay, so I'd have all the folks y'all have listed and I would have the uke festival in Maui, which would mean I would need to have a home and relocate to Maui at least 6 months out of the year. Perhaps more.

And with all the folks y'all have listed, this festival would need to be about a week long, or at least several days. Has anyone mentioned Kimo Hussey? I'd want to add him to the line-up.

You got pretty much who I would like to see mentioned already. Aldrine, Kimo, and Troy would be great; no one has mentioned Benny Chong or Led Ka'apana yet...

You got pretty much who I would like to see mentioned already. Aldrine, Kimo, and Troy would be great; no one has mentioned Benny Chong or Led Ka'apana yet...

I see what you did there :)

Let the festival be in the Twin Cities. When it's -30. Anyone foolish enough not to come because it's too cold -- and, yes, it would be -- would miss the show of a lifetime. But it might keep the crowds down and it would become the most intimate of concerts. Those are the very best kind of shows.

1. Aldrine Guerrero with Aaron Nakamura and/or Ryan Esaki

2. Derick Sebastian

3. James Hill

4. The Kalama Brothers with Willy K

5. Kev Rones

6. Taimane Gardner

7. Sarah Maisel with Craig Chee

8. Ukulele Bartt

9. Mitch Chang

10. Cali Rose and Craig Brandau

There are dozens of great, talented stars that could be added to my list, but I picked these based on performance, teaching ability and the amount of followers they draw. The more fans you draw to a festival, the better it's chances for success :) Ric

I just wanna add one band:

Walk off the Earth

Not strictly ukulele music, but there's always a uke in the mix, and those kids are brilliant!

Bosko and Honey.

I think I'd go with my favorite 4 ukulele acts for entertainment: James Hill, Aldrine , Molly Lewis, and The Cog is Dead. Jake is banned until he learns the words to Bohemian Rhapsody... Maybe next year? Just because I want my ukulele festival to be a HUGE success, I'd also want Dwayne Johnson, Tom Hanks, and Steve Martin to each play a couple of songs for "star power". So that's 7...

My dream team for a couple of classes would be Ukulele Mike, Aldrine Guerrero, Lil Rev, and James Hill. So that's 9...

Since this is MY fantasy ukulele festival, I'll be spending the entire festival at a hotel with a view of the festivities giving private lessons to Felicia Day. :drool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom