Brittni Paiva Recording New CD

Two more ideas::)

Signed stickers that could be put on uke cases (great advertising for you too!)

From scrap pieces of ukulele woods (from your preferred ukulele company perhaps?) Christmas tree ornaments signed by you (these could be hung in cars too) maybe these could be cut, carved or painted in part..

Food for thought, I hope, Brittni! :)

Autograph anything you can think of. Is there anything you could make (dunno if you're crafty at all), especially with Hawaiian-origin ingredients? Play a song request, posted on YouTube. Do you have any old ukes that you don't play anymore (nothing really sentimental)? Old equipment? (Cases, picks, whatever. It's a good reason to clean out your closet!) I love the sticker idea, too. I need to decorate my new pineapple's case. For higher end donations, lessons in person or on Skype, a private concert, that kind of thing.

Last edited:
Hi, Brittni,

Maybe on the simple (inexpensive) end, a thank you on your Twitter page, a sticker (as mentioned), or a little charm to hang from the uke headstock.

Moderate: a thanks in the liner notes of the CD; a set of your finger picks; t-shirts (who doesn't love t-shirts!); a Skype lesson; a name mentioned in a song; a framed and signed handwritten copy of the working lyrics sheet from one of your new songs (frames available at big box stores--anything framed, like picks, strings, lyrics, a signed CD itself, etc. looks cool!); a recorded Happy Birthday/Anniversary/Graduation youtube vid for the person of contributor's choice to be posted on the special date.

Cadillac: a circle island day tour with you and your spouse for two-people. (Wow!) Pre-concert meet-and-greet with you for any of your open-to-public shows of contributor's choice. A ukulele loop "line" recorded by the contributor in MP3 and sent to you and you will incorporate the loop into an original song. An afternoon with Brittni in HI just jammin' on ukuleles. A thank you dinner for two at (insert the name of your favorite HI restaurant here, Brittni), you pick up the tab for big contributor. A contributor (or their dog or whatever) appearing in one of your videos (they send video file, you edit it in).

These are just ideas-- and may spur the creativity of the other UUers. I've seen some kickstarters where the artist agrees to pay for somthing (like the dinner, or a bus circle island tour, or a whale watch boat ride, or whatever) right up front on the kickstarter so that the backer and artist doesn't have to worry about those finicky details and can just have fun (the cost of tickets more than made up in the contribution)--it's a way for backers to hang out with the artists and everyone to do something exciting or out of the norm. Can be done in small groups (e.g. dinner for two) or large groups (e.g. a pre-paid luaua with Brittni for everyone and anyone who gives a certain amount and can be there on that date; not a private luaua, just one of the ones that run for tourists every day, like Paradise Cove; you just buy X number of tickets for backers). These are just thoughts.

Steve

Last edited:
The Kickstarter (or other venue) funding campaigns that I seem to like the best are the ones which offer the "target" with almost every pledge. After an initial low pledge ($1-10 or so) that will earn them a hearty "thank you" and perhaps a sticker, then it moves into the game, CD, whatever. After that, the additional items included with the target increase the amount of the pledge needed to buy that level. A successful campaign was recently completed for a new video game based on the classic "Toejam and Earl" game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1578116861/toejam-and-earl-back-in-the-groove/description

I appreciated that a copy of the game came with each pledge above a certain level. IMHO, the new music CD or download should be included with every pledge above a certain amount. Opinions vary.

Bill

Pretty much the same as everyone else; signed CDs or photos, Brittni stickers for the uke case, Skype lesson. I also like the idea of a song request.
Like many here I "discovered" your work when I was researching my first uke purchase and have been a big fan. Looking forward to the new album/CD or whatever we refer to it as these days :)

The Kickstarter (or other venue) funding campaigns that I seem to like the best are the ones which offer the "target" with almost every pledge. After an initial low pledge ($1-10 or so) that will earn them a hearty "thank you" and perhaps a sticker, then it moves into the game, CD, whatever. After that, the additional items included with the target increase the amount of the pledge needed to buy that level. A successful campaign was recently completed for a new video game based on the classic "Toejam and Earl" game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1578116861/toejam-and-earl-back-in-the-groove/description

I appreciated that a copy of the game came with each pledge above a certain level. IMHO, the new music CD or download should be included with every pledge above a certain amount. Opinions vary.

Bill

Sorry to interrupt. THEY ARE REMAKING TOEJAM AND EARL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!

Life is awesome.

Aww, than you so much!! :D
Signed CDs and "limited edition" t-shirts will be on the list for sure! :)

Hello Brittni,

I really enjoy your music, you are so talented ... it is just fabulous.

Craig and Sarah just had a very successful Kickstarter campaign ... you might want to see what they did, get some tips.

People like and will pay for interaction whether it is lessons, or having you perform at a house party and sign autographs etc.

Looking forward to it.

As long as there's an album, I'm in! I like to support artists so I'll be kicking in at one of the higher levels regardless of what the rewards are. An 'exclusive' song for supporters would be nice or a sticker. But I'd prefer you put your energy into an fantastic album rather than spending energy getting fancy with rewards.

Just saw her at the Puna Music Festival Kanikapila in Pahoa. GREAT STUFF!! Killer versions of Kavika (Kawika?) and Lochs of Dread. She also did a couple of songs that will be on the new album. She's experimenting with ukulele and electronic music. I didn't care for the electronic background on one of the numbers, but she made it work with the uke, and I thought it was much better with the uke. Also did some numbers by current artists, Katy Perry, etc. My 7th grade daughter loved that!

And Samba Pa Ti! She apparently spent last night and most of today recording new backing tracks so she could play that for us. All in all, I have to say AWESOME! (Am I fangirling?)

Top Bottom