What's your player?

Right now its back and forth between my LFDM tenor and Boat Paddle ML Tenor. God bless Luis and Jerry!

In the last few weeks at home, it's either the Timms or the National. And at the office it's the Risa stick.

But I'm trying to keep the others in reasonable rotation as well.

Kanile'a Tenor, unless I'm with a large group in close quarters, then it's the Oscar Schmidt Mango.

Although I only have 5 I can't narrow it down to 1 (maybe monogamy's not my strong point ;) ) I have 2 players: they're both Ponos.

The one in my Avatar.

Before was my first uke, a Kala Golden Acacia Tenor. After, I got a Covered Bridge Myrtle Tenor, thats the player now.

I usually grab my 50's Martin Soprano. And now that it's humidifier time here in the north, it's the only one that does not go in a case, so it's always ready.

When I'm home, my Ohana soprano (vintage style mahogany) or Ohana concert. When I'm "out and about", my Ohana concert (cedar/rosewood).

My player is a Makala pineapple soprano. I bought it for a beater. I carry it to work and play it there everyday. I put a strap on it for parades. I take it to my strum group whenever I see it is going to be crowded because it is smaller. I have taken it camping this summer as well. It has a nicely polished strum line and one more where my forearm holds it. I have much nicer instruments for performances and at home, but it seems for most everything else the little pineapple is called on. If this is the case why do I still want more?

When I lived on the sailboat, my main player was a Bushman Engelmann concert (solid spruce/rosewood) with a Mi-Si pick-up.

Sadly, my move to the New Mexico mountains, with frequent single-digit humidity and dramatic daily temperature fluctuations, has been very hard on my solid wood ukes, making it necessary to keep them in their humidified cases virtually all the time.

Needing a main player that can take the environmental abuse, I've acquired a couple of laminate A/E concerts (and a Risa tenor stick). Now my main player is a mahogany lam Luna lizard A/E concert. A sweet, loud, durable little beast, she goes with me almost everywhere.

I don't have a lot of choice right now, but it's my Gretsch concert.
Every time I pick up my cheap soprano to have a play it doesn't take long for me to swap to the nicer instrument.

I am very fortunate to have a multitude to grab, so my player changes as per my desire at the time.
Right now it's my Koa soprano made by Leo K.
Cheers.

Top Bottom