Jet/Performax 10-20 drum sander again.

Timbuck

Reaction score
Last edited:
Timbuck- What are the symptoms of this problem? I am having a slight problem keeping the drum parallel to the table. Pals, Vic.

Timbuck- What are the symptoms of this problem? I am having a slight problem keeping the drum parallel to the table. Pals, Vic.

it just needs setting up right and locking in place..I do mine with the sanding belt off, and use an old steel ruler as a feeler gauge in between the drum and the conveyor...With the machine switched off of course

If you are building up a list of buyers I would like to add my name to it please!

I just completed the repair Kit for the USA Guy..He sent me his spindle so a could machine the new nut..This spindle was only .007" undersize but ! it still stripped the threads :(...I've been keeping a record of the spindle sizes .. Starting from the smallest .545", .546", .546" .547", .553" ;)

Last edited:
could be dust in the roller bearings and reducing gears..Best strip it down clean and lubricate...or just sell it as is, and get a 16-32 model.;)

My 16/2 has never had the problems that you've mentioned with the 10/20 and it's got a ton of use on it. The only thing I've ever replaced is the feed belt.

Just fixing another with the kit for a Guy in Iowa ..I've upgraded the kit now co's the sizes of the spindles vary that much, I now use split bush design that can be adjusted to fit all sizes with a couple of adjusting socket screws..so there will be no need to send me the spindles anymore I'll just supply the part direct...I intend to have them available on eBay soon. :)
IMG_3272.jpg

Last edited:
Another 10-20 thickness sander broke down (same fault) and the chap who bought a repair kit from me gave me this nice feedback today. :)

Thank you so much for making your Jet drum sander repair kit available for me to buy. Many thanks too for your video showing re-assembly. I carried out the repair this morning and the rise and fall mechanism now works superbly well – better than I ever remember it doing.

Top Bottom