Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "louie louie" seasonista party

Default "louie louie" seasonista party

hello seasons peeps!

ralf, sean and andrew did an amazing rendition of louie louie, watch it and weep

but just because they achieved and indeed surpassed perfection, doesn't mean the rest of us can't have fun and do the song too!

if you would like to do a cover and bring it here to this thread that would be fabulous!

next post up will be my take that i just did for pa's season 139...

PLAYLIST
    Last edited by bird's eye view of my ukelele; 10-18-2014 at 05:20 PM. Reason: playlist

here's mine

ok..................

where's yours?

Absolutely brilliant! I don't know how i missed this. Fantastic!

Default Louie Louie Party!!!

I'm in!
    Toga! Toga! Toga!

Head trauma blues... Louie Louie by any any other name.

HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

rex that was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

thank you so much for joining the party!

and weegingayin, thanks so much for posting that, it was really great!

Hope you don't mind me posting a cover. I've been watching various versions to get inspired. This is by far the best. And what is that those two guys on the left are playing?

Wendy -- UkeCan1 of Uke Can Play Too!
    YouTube:
    Uke Can 1 | Uke On! Band | Uke Can Play Too! | The Prosperous Artist
    Facebook: Uke On! Band | Uke Can Play Too! | The Prosperous Artist Revolution

Ukes:
    Tiki Uki = soprano Tiki Flea, Epi Leadshredder = Les Paul Epiphone concert
    Pocky = Kala Pocket Uke sopranissimo, Chili = Mainland soprano Chili Pepper Uke
    Minnie (hot pink, "Happy to Be Me!), Mickey (bright blue), and Sophia (lavender) First Act "mini guitars"

If you're a Seasonista, come join the Seasonista Facebook group! (PM me)
    If you're not (YET!), come play with us in the Seasons of the Ukulele ... it's easy and fun

Quote Originally Posted by UkeCan1 View Post
    what is that those two guys on the left are playing?
    omg that was so great!!!!!!!!!!

although i do hate it when groups take themselves sooooooooooooooooooo seriously, don't you?!

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    omg that was so great!!!!!!!!!!

although i do hate it when groups take themselves sooooooooooooooooooo seriously, don't you?!
    Oh, I do know what you mean ... I mean, who really needs to get dressed up that much, right?

I read that they recorded this at the same studio as the Kingsmen did, at about the same time (April, '63). One source said a week apart. The Raiders version is so much better, but apparently their record company didn't like the song and stopped promoting it ... so the Kingsmen had the hit. You do learn so much on these Seasons.

In other news ... I was just this second watching UkeFoote's "Brother Louie" ("Louie Louie Louie Lou-ee, Louie Louie Louie Lou-ah") ... and the Hot Chocolate original ... and the Stories version I remember fondly from the '70's. What a fabulous song!

I know what a fan you are of mashups and all ... but ... well ... I just can't help myself ... my mind goes there and it just will not come back.

I need to get it a leash, maybe.
    Wendy -- UkeCan1 of Uke Can Play Too!
    YouTube:
    Uke Can 1 | Uke On! Band | Uke Can Play Too! | The Prosperous Artist
    Facebook: Uke On! Band | Uke Can Play Too! | The Prosperous Artist Revolution

Ukes:
    Tiki Uki = soprano Tiki Flea, Epi Leadshredder = Les Paul Epiphone concert
    Pocky = Kala Pocket Uke sopranissimo, Chili = Mainland soprano Chili Pepper Uke
    Minnie (hot pink, "Happy to Be Me!), Mickey (bright blue), and Sophia (lavender) First Act "mini guitars"

If you're a Seasonista, come join the Seasonista Facebook group! (PM me)
    If you're not (YET!), come play with us in the Seasons of the Ukulele ... it's easy and fun

hello seasons peeps!

ralf, sean and andrew did an amazing rendition of louie louie, watch it and weep

but just because they achieved and indeed surpassed perfection, doesn't mean the rest of us can't have fun and do the song too!

if you would like to do a cover and bring it here to this thread that would be fabulous!

next post up will be my take that i just did for pa's season 139...
    Wow Bev! That is cool! I must admit, it was pretty amazing being the sloppy middle of such a talented ukulele sandwich. I'm a lucky guy to live so close to such wonderful Seasonistas. What a great thread. Can't wait to see more versions of this super fun song!

here's mine
    Lynda, I wish you could have been with us! What a great cover. Man, I just love your voice. Everything you do draws me in, and this is no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzbanjorex View Post
    I'm in!
    Toga! Toga! Toga!
    Rex, I had to watch this about three times. Did Rex say "I can't do this"? In my mind, you can pull off just about anything. This was wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by wee_ginga_yin View Post
    Head trauma blues... Louie Louie by any any other name.
    Wwwwwow. That was so entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by UkeCan1 View Post
    I read that they recorded this at the same studio as the Kingsmen did, at about the same time (April, '63). One source said a week apart. The Raiders version is so much better, but apparently their record company didn't like the song and stopped promoting it ... so the Kingsmen had the hit. You do learn so much on these Seasons.
    When I was looking into doing this song with Ralf and Andrew I read the same thing, including the fact that, apparently, The Raiders had recorded their version to try and land a recording contract and The Kingsmen recorded their version to try and land a gig on a cruise ship. They ended up recording one of the most iconic recordings in rock history.

Thread Information