"louie louie" seasonista party

bird's eye view of my ukelele

Reaction score
hello seasons peeps!

ralf, sean and andrew did an amazing rendition of louie louie, watch it and weep

but just because they achieved and indeed surpassed perfection, doesn't mean the rest of us can't have fun and do the song too!

if you would like to do a cover and bring it here to this thread that would be fabulous!

next post up will be my take that i just did for pa's season 139...

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
Hope you don't mind me posting a cover. I've been watching various versions to get inspired. This is by far the best. And what is that those two guys on the left are playing?

omg that was so great!!!!!!!!!!

although i do hate it when groups take themselves sooooooooooooooooooo seriously, don't you?! ;)

Oh, I do know what you mean ... I mean, who really needs to get dressed up that much, right?

I read that they recorded this at the same studio as the Kingsmen did, at about the same time (April, '63). One source said a week apart. The Raiders version is so much better, but apparently their record company didn't like the song and stopped promoting it ... so the Kingsmen had the hit. You do learn so much on these Seasons.

In other news ... I was just this second watching UkeFoote's "Brother Louie" ("Louie Louie Louie Lou-ee, Louie Louie Louie Lou-ah") ... and the Hot Chocolate original ... and the Stories version I remember fondly from the '70's. What a fabulous song!

I know what a fan you are of mashups and all ... but ... well ... I just can't help myself ... my mind goes there and it just will not come back.

I need to get it a leash, maybe.

hello seasons peeps!

ralf, sean and andrew did an amazing rendition of louie louie, watch it and weep

but just because they achieved and indeed surpassed perfection, doesn't mean the rest of us can't have fun and do the song too!

if you would like to do a cover and bring it here to this thread that would be fabulous!

next post up will be my take that i just did for pa's season 139...
Wow Bev! That is cool! I must admit, it was pretty amazing being the sloppy middle of such a talented ukulele sandwich. I'm a lucky guy to live so close to such wonderful Seasonistas. What a great thread. Can't wait to see more versions of this super fun song!

here's mine
Lynda, I wish you could have been with us! What a great cover. Man, I just love your voice. Everything you do draws me in, and this is no exception.

I'm in!
Toga! Toga! Toga!

Rex, I had to watch this about three times. Did Rex say "I can't do this"? In my mind, you can pull off just about anything. This was wonderful!

Head trauma blues... Louie Louie by any any other name.

Wwwwwow. That was so entertaining!

I read that they recorded this at the same studio as the Kingsmen did, at about the same time (April, '63). One source said a week apart. The Raiders version is so much better, but apparently their record company didn't like the song and stopped promoting it ... so the Kingsmen had the hit. You do learn so much on these Seasons.

When I was looking into doing this song with Ralf and Andrew I read the same thing, including the fact that, apparently, The Raiders had recorded their version to try and land a recording contract and The Kingsmen recorded their version to try and land a gig on a cruise ship. They ended up recording one of the most iconic recordings in rock history.

ukuleledaddy, you looked like the awesome filling in a sandwich of pure amazingness to me!

thanks so much for saying nice things about my take on the song, i love how i've gone from "oh gosh those guys were so great no one else need bother with this song now" to "oh gosh those guys were so great let's ALL have a go at that song!!!!!"

yay for you guys and yay for this truly great song!

:rock:

Last edited:
Top Bottom